Toning prior to surgery

scass
on 3/10/19 12:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a 3x cancer survivor and on a new journey to getting my VSG. I have 6 months of supervised weigh-in/diet appointments and have been strength training and toning.

Has anyone been success with doing this PRIOR to surgery?

I would love any advice. Thanks!

Greateight
on 3/11/19 5:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Hello, and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.

I don't know how "toned" I was at 300 pounds plus but I worked out consistently through the six month diet (which took more than 6 months) and I do think that it helped me to recover quickly.

Good Luck!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

scass
on 3/11/19 5:52 am

Congratulations and Thank you so much for your reply!

nevermore71
on 3/11/19 11:35 am
VSG on 01/08/18

Your body attacks the muscle as well as the fat with weight loss. You're doing a great job preparing before the surgery. By building muscle before and after you should minimize muscle loss. While you're overweight the toning may be less apparent but as you lose the fat it will be very helpful in your appearance. And it should help you completely avoid the emaciated look so many WLS patients experience. I started exercising before my surgery and it has been very helpful. I did weight/resistance training and light cardio. Also some calisthenics. Best of luck to you during your journey.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views