Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 3/25/2019

Gwen M.
on 3/25/19 7:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! Happy Monday!

Today marks the end of an era - I've dismantled the Bowflex. I'm in much better shape now than when I first assembled the thing over a decade ago - no thanks to the Bowflex. I'm also sure that I got a better workout taking the thing apart than I ever did using it :D

I'll be spending the rest of the day, until it's time to cook dinner, working on school stuff for week #2 of my current classes. I already got all of my internship paperwork submitted, so I've done all I can for that aside from figuring out how to dress like an adult. I've got to wear business casual and sneakers aren't allowed. The sneaker thing is challenging because I need to wear orthotics. I've got a pair of Danskos on the way that I think might fit my needs, so we'll see. Luckily I have 6 weeks to get my clothing sorted out!

QOTD: If you were to start house hunting today, what would your bare minimum requirements be? (I'll reply to this one in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: the fridge is pretty bare at the moment, so probably avgolemono soup
3: palak tofu

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: bowflex dismantling!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 3/25/19 7:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

While I won't be buying a home for many more months, I have some saved Zillow searches just to pay attention to what's available in the area I'll be moving to. Lance is currently in the interview process for a job that seems like it was written just for him and we're planning to get our current house on the market once he gets a job offer and once I finish my internship in the beginning of July. We're planning on renting in our new location for 3-12 months, so it's not like the places I'm looking at now will still be on the market, but it's good to get a feel for what's in the area.

My minimum requirements are:

2000 sq. ft. - we've currently got 1600 sq. ft. and need to rent a storage unit, so a bit more space would be amazing

2 bathrooms - we've got three adults in our household... we need at least two toilets :P

Pretty much everything else is negotiable :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

veggiegal10
on 3/25/19 8:15 am

Your comments on the Bowflex made me laugh. Haven't done this in a while, so here goes.

B: Chobani less sugar mango greek yogurt

S: Apple and PEScience Peanut Butter Cookie protein shake (made with Almond/Cashew milk). Soo good!

L: Going to be 2 Boca veggie burgers and some roasted carrots

S: Orange if I'm hungry

D: TBD

Liquid and vites: on track

Exercise: Either going to my usual boxing class or the pool.

House-wise I think 1500 square feet sounds good (it's just me right now); spacious kitchen is a must with adequate entertaining area. Oh, and a second bedroom/office space would be great.

HW: 227lbs Weight at surgery: 209lbs CW: 153lbs GW: ~145lbs.

VSG w/ Dr. Dunnican 8/10/2009; Revision w/ Dr. Wayne Weiss 3/31/14

mmsmom
on 3/25/19 9:58 am - Woburn, MA

Good day! I have to laugh - when we were house hunting we said, not a ranch, not oil heat, must have a garage, not in Woburn... we bought a ranch in woburn with oil heat and no garage. We eventually added a second floor.

If I were to house hunt now, I would want a small ranch with 2-3 bedrooms, a decent size kitchen with granite and nice cabinets, hardwood floors throughout and a yard, but not a big one. Also a nice bathroom, maybe with a tiled shower with a bench in it.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 tangerine

L: cheddar broccoli baked potato

D: 1/2 taco stuffed pepper

S: no sugar added fruit cup

E: walk with the dog

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/19 4:38 pm
VSG on 10/24/18

B: 1 oz grilled chicken, 1 oz grilled tilapia, 1 tbsp tzatziki

L: 2.5 oz grilled chicken, 1 tbsp tzatziki

D: Protein Shake & 1 oz spring greens salad mix

E: 1 hour zumba + 20 mins upper body weight training

QOTD: An awesome kitchen! ...with lots of counter space & long island & open concept to family room.

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/19 5:42 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

Hello everyone!

I'm not eating normally yet as I'm 4 days post op and on the liquid diet but in case anyone is interested:

B: 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, decaf tea

S: 1/2 protein shake

L: 1/4 cup split pea soup

D: 1/4 cup tomato soup

E: took a shower

Vitamins: 2 Chewable Multivitamins

3 Chewable Calcium w/vitamin D

jdekost81
on 3/25/19 6:47 pm
VSG on 04/05/19

Hi guys! Day 4 of the Pre-Op diet here. I've been keeping busy housecleaning etc to keep my mind off of not eating.

B: Vanilla Premeir Protein shake

S: Sugar free popsicle

L: Carmel Premier Protein shake (my fave!)

D: chopped up cucumbers and tomatoes with 2 slices turkey bacon and a bit of diced up chicken.

S: Sugar free jello.

E: Walked my pups and cleaned our half bath.

QOTD: I hope to be house hunting in a year or so...my requirements are 2 beds and 2 baths (me and 1 teen...2 baths are NEEDED lol), and a fenced in yard to let my pups RUN. That's it. :)

Most Active