Back to Hospital

Umpiregator
on 4/17/19 7:05 am

Woke up Friday with pain in my left side and shoulder. By the afternoon I had spiked a fever. Called my surgeon who told me to get to the ER right away for possible leak. Was admitted to hospital Friday night. CT scan done on Saturday found no leak, but two pockets of fluid in my abdominal cavity probably left from my last leak. They had to insert a drain in my left side to drain this nasty infection. Just got home yesterday with drain tube and antibiotics. Will have drain till next Monday.

Pobearsam7
on 4/17/19 8:59 am

Ohh wow!!!! Glad they found out what was wrong with you

Kelly                

TheWombat
on 4/17/19 11:12 am
VSG on 06/11/18

What bad luck! I hope you recover quickly.

jmk187
on 4/17/19 1:24 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Thank goodness they found the problem. Rest up and take it easy.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/20/19 9:41 am

Hugs. Hopefully from now on it would be no more issues.

Hugs and best wishes.

Also, thank you for reminding us not to ignore pain when it comes back together specially with a fever. Fever often is an indication that there is infection going on, that should not be ignored.

If this is a second major treatment with antybiotics - watch for symptoms of yeast infection, oral trash, or in other areas. I know my body is very sensitive to almost any antybiotics, and I often had to do a preventative treatment as I take them to avoid getting yeast infection. Antybiotics kill bacteria, the bad ones, and unfortunately the friendly in our guts. But since it doesn't affect yeast - Candida, killing friendly gut bacteria can create imbalances in our intestine where the Candida no longer has to compete with bacteria and "can grow" like crazy.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active