what to eat after you 6 week "diet"

Knitter215
on 4/24/19 10:16 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Certainly didn't mean to suggest OP go to carbs - not six weeks out - but I wanted to show what a long-term "normal" could look like. However, use of fruit is one of those things that varies from team to team. My team encouraged the use of 1/2-3/4 of a cup of frozen fruit in protein shakes in the morning to keep things interesting. But follow what your team's food instructions are - some plans do not allow for fruits until almost a year out.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Steffyren
on 4/24/19 11:15 am - New Milford, NJ
VSG on 03/20/19

Thank you so much. The afternoon snack sounds amazing. Coffee hasn't been good to me but hoping it will soon so I can add to breakfast.

What about Cereal? I use to eat a small bowl of Wheaties before work and miss it. This is during the week. Weekends I usually do eggs.

I ordered a couple cookbooks related to the surgery so hope this will give me ideas.

Knitter215
on 4/24/19 11:19 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Cereal will never have enough protein for what you will need. Just say goodbye to it. My go to breakfast are shakes, yogurt and or eggs. That's it. Sometimes I'll have half a piece of toast with my eggs if I know I won't be able to eat lunch until way late in the day, but i didn't touch toast for the full first year I was post-op.

I never ordered any special cookbooks. I just don't eat the carbs I serve my family - so if I make baked pork chops and asparagus and rice, like I did last night - I eat the pork chop and asparagus. I do not eat the rice. I don't cook that much differently now, except when I make pasta for the family and I don't eat it.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Yelena K.
on 4/24/19 12:01 pm - Plymouth, MN

My new norm was following the exact rules of my bariatric clinic and most importantly taking it easy and slow. Plan your meals so there is no stress around what to eat. No last minute decisions. Sample things that are allowed and that you love and see how things go. My biggest rule is -- eat things you love! Yes, they should fit within the norm but 11 years out, what I choose to put in my mouth will always be things I enjoy -- and that's a lot of healthy stuff!

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views