Starting to feel real

Nurse8724
on 4/24/19 3:25 am

Well after years of struggling with my weight and over a year of saving the money for vsg...I finally have a consult tomorrow. So funny how I have so much emotion behind all this and the nurse or whoever I made the appt with over the phone was so nonchalant. Lol. She says come on in on Thursday and I'll do your teaching and we will call you Friday with a surgery date....so assuming my consultation goes well it looks like I'm getting closer to getting this done!

Gina 21 Years Out
on 4/24/19 6:17 am - Burleson, TX

Soooooooooo excited, for you!!!!!!!!!! Don't let anyone else's attitude get you down! That nurse was probably answered 1,000 calls (been a nurse over 40 years-I get it!)...

Be sure to check in, HERE, and let us know how thee appointment goes!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Nurse8724
on 4/24/19 7:19 pm

Thank you. I'm sure she does it so much. I guess I just keep worrying I'll get turned down or something will go wrong. She made it sound so easy I was a little astounded. I had this mental image of them putting me to sleep and playing a game of poker on my belly and then me waking up. LMBO! You know that's all us nurses do...play cards...did you hear? Lol yes I will be posting how it goes tomorrow.

Pobearsam7
on 4/24/19 7:20 am

Great news

Kelly                

Jannie7
on 4/24/19 9:31 am
VSG on 06/17/19

That is SOOOO exciting! Congratulations!! I am in a bariatric program in my province and am just waiting for my surgery date - I can't wait so I can only imagine how you must feel. Definitely keep us posted!!

Nurse8724
on 4/24/19 7:22 pm

I will do. I'm completely self pay so thinking I may not have as many hoops to jump through if I am approved but all the more reason to make sure I got a good support system.

Kristi T.
on 4/24/19 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations, sounds like you are on your way! Keep coming back to OH, ask questions and let us know how you are doing.

Yelena K.
on 4/24/19 11:58 am - Plymouth, MN

Congrats! You won't regret it! My life keeps evolving and improving even 11 years out. This one choice you're making for yourself is true self-love and care.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Nurse8724
on 4/24/19 7:27 pm

That sounds wonderful. It's good to hear from someone who has 11 years. My mind is made up but I do take care of the elderly population and sometimes I wonder what the implications will be 40 years down the road when I'm 71. Either way I know I got to start living more now.

White Dove
on 4/26/19 2:26 pm - Warren, OH

I will be 71 on Sunday and sure I am much happier than if I had not had surgery. It feels good to wear small clothes and to be able to do things and have plenty of energy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views