Insurance question

Michele_2
on 5/4/19 6:20 pm

Hi again, I may have asked again and if so I'm sorry!

I'm going for revision of band to sleeve....just is not working well (yet I have since 2007).

Months my problem has been vomiting sometimes from liquid.

I spoke with my insurance which is highmark blue shield PA. They approve of the revision but the person I spoke with could not tell me if it is 3 or 6 month. I'm not patient enough for 6 months.

Been obese my entire life.

Any help?

Mary Gee
on 5/4/19 11:09 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

3 or 6 month what? Supervised diet?

Not patient enough for 6 months? Do you mean you haven't the patience to wait six months?

Can't help you out because your question isn't really clear.

Call back your insurance company and you'll probably speak with someone else who can answer your question. If he/she can't, ask them to transfer you to someone who can.

Have you been to a Weight Loss Center's Orientation yet? You'll learn that it generally takes about six months to fulfill their requirements and tests. You should see your Primary Care Doctor and start a supervised diet, where you go monthly to get weighed and discuss your diet.

Hope you find the info you're looking for.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Kathy S.
on 5/5/19 2:02 pm - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
I did a 6-month doctor-supervised diet for 6 months and then was approved to have my lapband removed. My surgeon then required a 3-month wait between removing the band and doing the sleeve.

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Richard Bach

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views