Day after surgery

Jinxy6
on 5/15/19 7:40 am - SC

Greeting all,

Just checking in. I had my sleeve yesterday. I apparently had some fairly major blood pressure issues during and after along with some major nausea. I was in recovery for several hours. The good news is I don't remember much about it. I had a pretty good night/morning and will probably go home sometime today. I am astounded at how good I feel. I mean, I have some pain - feels like sore stomach muscles from exercise but it's not at all what I expected. They must have manipulated my neck a good bit cuz I have quite the head and neck ache. We shall see what happens on the oral pain meds once I leave but I am optimistic. Thanks again folks, for all the pre-op encouragement. ?? Let the healing begin!!

jmk187
on 5/15/19 8:45 am
VSG on 02/13/19

So glad you feel good. I had some major blood pressure issues as well after surgery. Luckily they were able to bring it down. It's true when they say everyone's recovery is different. There was another woman who had the surgery the same day as me. She looked to be smooth sailing the day after..walking around the floor, fully dressed, chugging her protein shake. Meanwhile i was struggling to walk in my hospital gown holding onto my IV pole for dear life. They had me on morphine and dilaudid for the pain.

Here's to a quick and full recovery! and yes..Let the healing begin!

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Jinxy6
on 5/17/19 5:48 pm - SC

JMK,

Thank you, it's encouraging to hear from "surgery newbies". I will say I was showered and up walking around the day after surgery. I spent a second night in the hospital due to some labs but came home yesterday. I am feeling tired but pretty darn good overall! I am struggling a bit to fit in all my liquids today but tomorrow will be better I'm sure. Take care!

Mary Gee
on 5/15/19 9:40 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Congratulations! You'll feel better every day.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active