1 week post op

MotivatedToFit
on 5/20/19 8:33 am

It has officially been one week since my VSG surgery! Happy to say my tastebuds are back to normal and my clothes are falling off me already. I am feeling 100% better and even getting in all my protein and liquids now! I am so glad I did this now after a few days of buyer's remorse. For anyone considering the surgery or recently had the operation it definitely gets better. It is so worth it!

Nurse8724
on 5/20/19 5:22 pm

So glad you are feeling good. It's really cool because my one week date is tomorrow. How are you getting all your protein in already? Were you allowed to do the shakes right off the bat. I'm still on a clear liquid diet and will be for another week. However my team did say I could start protein shakes tomorrow but I just broke down and got me one as we speak.

MotivatedToFit
on 5/21/19 12:00 pm

Yes my team allows protein shakes as a full liquid.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/21/19 2:35 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You're probably not going to hurt anything by advancing your diet to full liquids a day early, but PLEASE follow your doctor's directions and stick to the dates given as you progress along the road to "normal" food. Progressing too quickly to solid food can result in life-threatening consequences.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Fnkdva
on 5/21/19 11:39 am
VSG on 05/31/19

Congrats. I am 5 days post and have been suffering with a sinus infection which made everything 10X worse when discharged.

I have had lots of surgeries and by far this one has been the most painful. Getting all my fluids in has been a big challenge - how ru doing it?

MotivatedToFit
on 5/21/19 12:03 pm

Honestly I just sip as much as I can every 10 minutes. The first 5 days were brutal as I could not get in as much liquid. My sleeve would not allow it but as of recently I can sip more and more. I feel my sleeve is finally adjusting and drinking isn't as hard anymore. Give it time your sleeve may still be swollen from the surgery and your body still adjusting.

LifeChange4Karen
on 5/21/19 12:40 pm - Fredericton , Canada
VSG on 05/16/19

I'm really glad to read this comment. I'm five days post-op and so thirsty for water. I was a huge water drinker before so it's hard not to take big drinks. Tiny sips never seem to be enough. Sip water all the time makes sense!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Karen

Fnkdva
on 5/21/19 5:53 pm
VSG on 05/31/19

Congrats Karen - looks like we had the same surgery date. Where did you have yours?.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one feeling this way....I cannot seem to quench my thirst.

LifeChange4Karen
on 5/21/19 7:37 pm - Fredericton , Canada
VSG on 05/16/19

Great coincidence!! I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick in Canada, so I had my surgery at Dr. Everett Chalmers hospital (DECH). How about you?

Fnkdva
on 5/23/19 10:37 am
VSG on 05/31/19

Hi Karen,

I have family in NB! So nice to meet you - I had my surgery in Toronto Western with Dr Jackson . Congrats

Most Active