Soft Food Diet

MotivatedToFit
on 5/30/19 4:49 pm, edited 5/31/19 10:18 am

I just started soft foods yesterday and was wondering when will I be able to eat a bit more. I can only eat an ounce at a time so I am still supplementing with protein shakes which I?m not a big fan of. I want to at least be able to eat around 3-4 oz of protein which is recommended for this phase but I can?t. I am honestly a little frustrated with how little protein I can eat I do realize I am still freshly out from surgery but I just want to be able to eat 3-4 oz.

White Dove
on 5/30/19 8:15 pm - Warren, OH

It took me about four months to get to four ounces of protein at one time. That is still my limit.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/31/19 7:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I wouldn't be in such a big hurry to be able to eat more. The more restriction you have, the fewer calories you can eat, and the faster you'll lose weight.

From my years here on OH, it takes most people quite a while to be able to eat 3 - 4oz in a sitting, maybe at least six months?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

MotivatedToFit
on 5/31/19 10:19 am

Thanks for this advice. I definitely will look at it from that point of view now. Mentally I am still used to being able to eat a lot. I definitely need to mentally adjust to the smaller portion sizes.

Liz J.
on 5/31/19 9:46 am
DS on 11/29/16

It took me a while to hold 3-4 oz, at least 4-6 months before that happened. I still can't do more 5 oz at 2.5 years out.

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

ScaleSkater
on 5/31/19 10:41 am

My program was 2 oz of meat and a tiny portion of fruit/veg early out. We didn't get 3 to 4 oz until 6 months. So I agree, go with your body feedback and not the book. Even now (like last night) - I measured 4 oz of dense pork and could only eat 1/2 to 2/3rds - just keep track and hit your overall daily protein goals. Good luck

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

kathkeb
on 6/2/19 8:55 pm

I'm 6 weeks post op and can't get more than about N ounce of moist chicken or 2 Oz of tuna at a meal.

I make a cup of coffee (decaf for the first month, allowed to have caffeine after that) and mix 6 ounces of cold coffee with a vanilla pre-made protein shake and 1/2 of a chocolate one .... so, I'm getting 45 grams of protein from that and then supplementing with food.

Kath

Shadi1358
on 6/6/19 3:14 pm

After how long were you guys able to have a glass of wine?

renjenn
on 7/15/19 1:14 pm

only being able to each a couple of ounces at a time helped keep me honest. Concentrating on protein is the most important. Now after 3 months I can eat a full cup depending on what kind of food it is. Heavier proteins like meats will be harder to eat and slider foods of course are easiest. Gradually your quantity will increase. take advantage while you can. you can slow down your eating and learn to control what you put in rather than it controlling you.

Most Active