Another Night Shift Question

Mindy325
on 7/1/19 2:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

Hi everybody! It's been a while since I posted. I'm 1 year and 5 days out from my VSG. I've lost 88.5 pounds so far. It's been a long, slow, and tough battle, and I'm concerned about messing up my already slow progress. I'll be working the night shift from 7 pm to 7 am. I'll be off weekends, so I guess I'll have to bounce back and forth with my sleep cycles. How do I deal with the few days or weeks between now and the time my body gets accustomed to being awake and eating at night? At this point I'm still awake and want to eat in the daytime when everyone else is eating and I can smell the food. How can I avoid it? Should I just set an alarm and force myself to eat every so often at night when I don't really want anything at that time? Any advice is appreciated. Also, any advice for what to eat at night after I'm accustomed to being awake is appreciated as well? Do I just eat the same way I had been eating during the daytime?

Ajeffries
on 7/2/19 1:23 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

I ate at night. I wouuld wake up at 5 pm, cook dinner, eat, and go to work at 730. I would pack a lunch and snacks for overnight. I would eat when I came home in the morning before I went to sleep. I would flip back and forth beteeen eating at night when I worked to eating during the day when I was off.

Mindy325
on 7/2/19 2:17 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Flipping back and forth didn't cause you to gain weight back?

Ajeffries
on 7/5/19 1:07 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

No I have had some weight gain of about 10 lbs. I quit exercising and have become lax on my diet since I switched to a daytime office job.

happyteacher
on 7/3/19 4:04 pm

If you are not hungry and losing slowly, I would not eat. When I worked midnights I found it helped to portion out meals that felt almost snackable versus a full typical meal. For example, rolled ham delii meat around a low fat cheese stick or a greek yogurt with some tvp sprinkled on it. Keep track of your calories. You can eat with the family for their breakfast (your dinner) and the family dinner (your breakfast). You then can take some lighter options for the midnight shift.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views