Eating to much? No weight loss? Suggestions and (kind) criticism welcome!

NiaLong
on 7/10/19 12:45 pm
VSG on 04/22/19

Hi guys!

I was sleeved on June 4th. I've lost 28lbs since surgery but stop losing around June 30th. I've been stuck ever since and I'm afraid maybe I am eating too much?

Typically, I will eat every 3 hours.

Morning: 1 scrambled egg with a sprinkle of cheese

Snack: 1 slice of turkey or ham rollup with 1 slice cheese

Lunch: 1/2 cup chili

Snack: 1 slice of turkey or ham rollup with 1 slice cheese

Dinner: 1/2 cup chili with cheese

Am I eating too much? I am completely open to any suggestions or critiques. I just want to make sure I'm doing this thing right. I want this surgery to work for me so bad and I'm getting nervous that my sleeve either isnt working or Im already sabotaging it. How can I possibly be stuck alredy for over 10 days if I just started this thing?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/10/19 1:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Search for "three week stall" on the forums. This happens to pretty much EVERYBODY! Be patient, keep doing what you're doing, and you will start losing weight again.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Frank_M
on 7/10/19 3:27 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

Are the calories within your diet plan? Some packages deceive us by saying low fat or healthy but the nutritional label is key. Keeping carbs to a minimum helps.

When the scale does not move, sometimes your waistline will. I've had 2 stalls thus far and was sleeved in May. Both times I continued to lose size even though the number on the scale stayed the same. Also, weighing yourself at the same time of day wearing the same thing helps with consistency. Hope this helps.

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/19 7:25 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I experienced a 4 week stall about 6 weeks post op. It is real and it happens even when you're eating and drinking properly. I'm no expert but the only explanation I can come up with is that your body is in shock and holding on tight to any and all calories consumed.

Your menu looks fine so try not to be discouraged and just make sure you're portion size is in line with your diet.

Good Luck!

tracyringo
on 7/10/19 8:15 pm
VSG on 08/09/17

You lost 28 lbs in less then a month !! That is wonderful, with that being said you body is probably just adjusting to the loss and will start dropping again soon.

I don't see anything wrong with what you are eating.

Beth007
on 7/11/19 3:07 pm

I am having a somewhat similar experience. I lost 17 lbs on the two week liquid diet pre-op. I had my surgery on 6/19. Since then I've lost an additional 9lbs. A total of 26lbs. However, the scale hasn't moved in 11 days. I've talked to my doctor's office and two additional people who have had the surgery. All say this is completely normal. In their experience the weight loss was a littler slower at first due to the body adjusting to the procedure.

This is definitely a learning experience. I've realized my expectations are high and should be proud of what I've accomplished. I know the feeling of "Is it me? Am I doing something wrong?" But if your following the problem then you have nothing to worry about. Keep doing what you are doing, I'll keep doing what I'm doing, and I'm sure the weight will come off again for both of us.

jdekost81
on 7/13/19 5:32 pm
VSG on 04/05/19

Sleeved in April. I only weigh at appointments and occasionally at the gym, but otherwise I focus on protein, water etc. I've lost 67 pounds in 3 months so I'm pretty pleased ?

White Dove
on 7/14/19 8:55 pm - Warren, OH

At the top of the page, go to Resouces and click the Post Op Planner. Put in your numbers for a preview of how much weight loss to expect each month,

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Willie H.
on 7/24/19 12:43 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Looks like around 800 calories or less-depending on the chili. I would easily lose weight on that and would think you should also. But right now you are in that dreaded 3-week stall period!!Just keep hanging in there and the pounds will fall off!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/28/19 11:52 am

IMO, the first 28 lbs loss was not realistic loss. Some may have been water that since then your body got back in and since then you lost the real weight. During my first month I lost app 12 lbs, the following month, app 10. Soon 2 months I lost less than you did.

Some people lose in stair-step type pattern. They lose a bunch, them nothing, them lose a bunch. Not the weekly or even monthly loss but a total loss, average loss is important.

If I lose 10 lbs in 1-2 weeks, I may expect next 2-4 weeks to be without weight loss but my body would change the shape and size. That is expected. Be patient. That's what you need.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active