2 weeks post op and regretting VSG

Arlenello
on 9/4/19 7:35 pm, edited 9/5/19 7:10 pm
VSG on 08/22/19

I feel like I should have never done this. Im sick of all this liquid and protein talk. Im sitting here reading other posts of people eating 2 or 3 spoonfuls of food.....really??? Is that how life is going to be??

I can deal with a baby plate or bowl but 2 or 3 tspns really???

Then- all the fat free sugar free c*** the nutritionist talks about has actually been proven to be worse for you. If you eat the foods in moderation thats the key....which before we all struggled with becaise we cpuld fill our 2 liter stomachs. I want to be healthy and lose weight obviously the reason I did this....but reading about the 2 to 3 bites is extreme ....too much no good...too little no good either

Stresseddddd ?????????????????????????????????????

Member Services
on 9/5/19 7:12 pm - Irvine, CA

This thread is now fixed so that you can reply and respond to the OP.

Thank you,
Member Services.

Arlenello
on 9/5/19 7:31 pm
VSG on 08/22/19

Thanks!!!!

Member Services
on 9/5/19 7:33 pm - Irvine, CA

There are also replies on this thread that a member started since they were not able to reply here. https://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/6041897/To-2-weeks-po st-op-with-regret/

I hope you find some of the replies helpful!

Cathy H.
on 9/5/19 7:42 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Calm down and breathe. A lot of people have regrets after surgery because the beginning seems tough. And it is. But if you hold the course, and follow your surgeon's plan, you'll be fine. I don't know what you've been reading, but nobody I know can only eat 2 or 3 teaspoons. You would die if that is all you could eat. At the end of my "healing phases" at 9 weeks post-op, I was eating 1/4-1/3 cup. As you heal and the swelling goes down, you will be able to eat more. Everyone is different but I was told my new sleeve would hold 8 oz by weight (not a cup measure, that's volume not weight). At about 18 months post-op I was eating 3-4 oz of protein, and another 2 or 3 ounces of veggies or whatever, depended on the day. Now, at 3 years out, I can eat 8 oz at the most, but stay in the 6-8 oz range. I can eat half an 8 oz steak and a serving of broccoli when I'm out, and that's plenty. Not 2 or 3 teaspoons.

Personally, I don't go for the low fat stuff. I did or the first 4 months, following my plan to the T. But at 4.5 months I switched to the Ketogenic way of eating and I am still Keto today. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT for right after surgery, you can't eat enough to do it properly. But by 4 months out I was able to eat about 4-5 oz at a time.

The thing to remember is protein first, then good simple low carbs. And DRINK DRINK DRINK!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Arlenello
on 9/5/19 7:50 pm
VSG on 08/22/19

Thank you so much to all of you for responding. You are all right about "just relax and enjoy these moments and prepare for the lofe change". I guess my hangriness got the best of me these last few days. I will keep you all posted. Its a blessing to have others to talk to that understand this process. Hugs!!

tracyringo
on 9/5/19 9:28 pm
VSG on 08/09/17

Hang in there it gets better !!

Jinxy6
on 9/6/19 7:32 am - SC

Arlenello, I understand your concerns and stress. I am almost four months out and doing great. I say that not to brag, but to give you hope. The first six weeks are rough. I focused on my protein shakes and water cuz I didn't like the sugar free stuff. As for the sugar free stuff, You are right, it is not good for you. What really helped me was to constantly remind myself that this part would be over soon and then I can eat real food again. The fatigue/lack of energy was harder for me. That ended around week six or seven. As far as quantity, as the others have said, you will gradually be able to eat more. I started with around 2 ounces of meat and now can eat about 4. Hang in there, it gets better and it is worth it. I feel so much better (down 65lbs). I can breathe and move sooooo much better. Think about the therapy. It does help. Good luck and God bless.

Arlenello
on 9/6/19 7:36 am
VSG on 08/22/19

Thanks, Jinxy for that glimmer of hope. Good to know Im not the only one that feels that way about the sugar free/ fat free foods. I rater eat whole foods then ingest that junk. Congrats on the weight loss. Ill kee you all posted in 2-3 months!! God Bless

tracyringo
on 9/6/19 1:50 pm
VSG on 08/09/17

I personally never ate fat free. I ate 4% cottage cheese and drank whole milk. I rarely ate anything with sugar though. I use Equal sweetener.

Most Active