Medications

ipray
on 9/11/19 2:22 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

It has been awhile since my surgery. Can we sleevers now take tablet medications are do we still need to take capsules?

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/19 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

I'm not familiar with this rule and have been taking tablet medications before and after surgery with no adverse reactions.

ipray
on 9/11/19 3:49 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you for your reply!

hollykim
on 9/11/19 7:41 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM Pacific Time, ipray wrote:

It has been awhile since my surgery. Can we sleevers now take tablet medications are do we still need to take capsules?

I have been taking tablets and capsules since the beginning ,nearly 10 yrs now, with no problem.

ipray
on 9/12/19 8:52 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you hollykim! (I was just wondering about absorption).

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/14/19 9:11 am

I was talking pills 2 days post op. Pain pills. Some pills shape or surface roughness affect if I can comfortably take them, or not.

Some tables are more difficult forme t take than others. Size of the tablet, plus how quickly gets desolved in my gut... For new meds I try see how well quickly it starts disintegrating. I take one pill and place it in a little bit of water and watch that. Sometimes I have to break the pills in half.

Most of the times - warm water helps dissolving the pills.

In first few years, most really large pill got stuck, or felt like they got stuck. So many years post op, that doesn't happen very often, if any.

I still personally prefer capsules. It s easier for me to swallow them. I often can take a few capsules at one time, but most large pills I have to take one at a time.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ipray
on 9/16/19 1:06 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you! (I am taking two the size of horse pills!)

Most Active