What Size Is Your Sleeve?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/18/19 3:40 am

My appetite and how much food I can put in my pouch depends on what food it is. And what I drink.

With some carbs, my capacity seams to be almost limitless. I can eat and eat and eat. I also noticed that drinking alcohol relax my pouch and my intestines. I discovered that because I have IBS and one thing that almost always helped with severe cramps was ..booze. even when I had hernia, and twisted intestine, alcohol helped food to go through the twist. That or made that area of my small intestine less sensitive to pain.

I don't recommend drinking alcohol, and now I seldom drink. I plan either not drink at all, or reserve that to a very special time, like vacation. Or..i.e having a sip of champagne when we celebrate New year ....maybe...

Beside alcohol - sweets or simple carbs also make my pouch and intestine rather insensitive to "full signals". I am not sure if sugar or insulin affects the lining of my pouch or intestine.

Sometimes internal yeast infection - Candida overgrowth - can contribute to cravings for simple carbohydrates. Google "Candida overgrowth". When our internal bio-flora is not balanced properly, yeast and bacteria in our intestine can get out of proper balance and we may crave sweets and simple carbs. I often experience very intense cravings after an antibiotics treatment, or after I recover from food poisoning/stomach flu.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/19/19 9:02 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Bougie size does not completely determine the size of your sleeve. A surgeon can use a 36 and stitch tight to the guide, or use a 32 and go a bit looser, and both sleeves would effectively have the same capacity.

Realistically, the difference between a 34 and a 36, volume-wise, is about one bite.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/19/19 3:45 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Size doesn't matter.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active