Hello all, got my surgery date!!!

Erik951
on 9/17/19 5:33 pm
VSG on 10/09/19

I was told about this site and figured I would come and say hello, maybe hang out. I'm sure support is important in this process. I am to have a VSG on Oct. 9th. Feel like I am understanding what is to come, but advice is welcome.

-Erik

tracyringo
on 9/17/19 9:47 pm
VSG on 08/09/17

Congrats on your upcoming surgery !! My advice would be to enjoy the ride and follow the rules. It does get harder the farther out you get because the restriction isn't as great. You still will have it but not like the first year to two years and need to have the good habits in place.

Frank_M
on 9/21/19 12:04 pm
VSG on 05/14/19 with

If you don't have a kitchen scale yet it might be good to get 1. I found mine online and it measures in grams, ounces, etc. I bought a bunch of stuff prior to surgery which is still sitting here. Either I didn't like the taste or texture. I recommend buying small amounts of stuff until you know what will work for you. Good luck with the surgery!

Erik951
on 9/21/19 12:46 pm
VSG on 10/09/19

Thank you both for your replies. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have a few people in my life that have gone through this process successfully so I have a general understanding of the process. However, everyone is different.

I bought Bariatric Advantage vitamins and calcium. Only one bottle. Try them out and see if I can do it. I ordered a variety pack of protein waters on amazon that should be here today. Figured try them before surgery.

i will try and hop on here often and read and interact. Kind of like an online support group. Reading everyone's story helps. Thanks all.

zeek70
on 10/9/19 9:48 am

Good luck with your surgery! It's good to see someone else new to the process. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Oct. 22.

Erik951
on 10/9/19 10:24 am
VSG on 10/09/19

My surgeon had a family emergency so my surgery was moved up. I had my Sleeve Friday the 4th. I'm not going to lie first 2-3 days are rough but I'm already feeling a lot better. Good luck to you on your journey.

zeek70
on 10/9/19 11:16 am

Thanks for your reply. Needless to say, I'm worried... but I'm glad you are feeling better.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views