I'm back!

kodomezhow06
on 10/3/19 9:57 am - KY

Wow!! I haven't posted in years buuuut I'm back. It's been a roller coaster ride since my journey. I was at one point 10 lbs from my ultimate goal. ????? Then divorce, nursing, and grad school hit. All of the sudden before I knew it I was 15 lbs from being at my weight before surgery. 65 lbs of stress, health problems, and depression. It was awful! Needless to say I'm back on my journey. And been working my sleeve since April. And now I am 25 lbs away from my ultimate goal, on track, and will hit my goal by the beginning of 2020. I have to truly say it has been sooooo much easier this time. I'm stressing, rushing my weight loss or obsessing about the numbers on the scale. I measure my success on behavior and approach to food choices and being active. Instead of focusing on weight I'm focused on behavior. I remind myself and my patients "Good health is a byproduct of good behavioral choices". Being back in this good space is an added accountability for me. Can't wait to read and share everyone's success stories.

momyshaver
on 10/5/19 4:10 am
VSG on 06/28/17

What a positive mindset! It is good for others to read that regain happens but recovery is possible and it is life long habits that determine our health and success. I see so many people freshly post op who think they will NEVER regain but I have also read from the many experienced posters who share otherwise. Life happens. Our tools are still there but we have to put in the effort or we will find ourselves back where we started. I don't know anyone of us who wants to go back to our before once we have tasted the benefits of better health. Good to see you back and I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Congratulations on getting your head straight because that will be a huge factor in your success

Most Active