Hypertension in remission!!

kodomezhow06
on 10/19/19 11:02 am - KY

Well I have a big health win to report. I had been struggling with elevated blood pressure for a while. I have always been hesitant about starting medication. With the weight gain and not being mindful of what I already knew what I was ingesting were key factors. Lifestyle modifications needed to happen. Anyway for those that have been following my updates you I've got back on track and made some changes. I can say for a month now my systolic numbers went from 140's to low 100's and my diastolic numbers 90's to low 60's. This morning my BP is 106/62. I am so pumped. Can't wait for my yearly exam next month to see my lab results for lipid panel and A1C.

Round_Tiger
on 10/19/19 6:01 pm
VSG on 07/09/19

Congrats! I'm jealous as hell. I'm trying to get off BP med as well. I cut the dosage in half (from 10mg to 5mg) and I'm still at 120/78. Which, is good but because of the medicine. Congrats again!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/21/19 4:56 am

How much calcium and magnesium you get daily? Im not sure if you supplement. Often the high BP may be helped by making sure we get enough my minerals.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views