How long after your pre op exam was surgery set?

thestarsarespellbound
on 10/23/19 5:26 pm

I was wondering how soon after your preop exam you had surgery? I feel like I worded this wrong. haha I guess I'm just trying to get a feel for how much time it took from exam to getting a surgery date.

Thanks!

-Maggie

White Dove
on 10/23/19 7:18 pm - Warren, OH

First visit in May and surgery in October.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

thestarsarespellbound
on 10/23/19 8:43 pm

Thank you for replying! ? My first visit was in June but I had insurance requirements to meet which I've all done except my 30 days on a CPAP machine. I was more so wondering how much time there is between having the final pre op appointment and the actually surgery.

hollykim
on 10/24/19 5:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 24, 2019 at 3:43 AM Pacific Time, thestarsarespellbound wrote:

Thank you for replying! ? My first visit was in June but I had insurance requirements to meet which I've all done except my 30 days on a CPAP machine. I was more so wondering how much time there is between having the final pre op appointment and the actually surgery.

that depends on the surgeons schedule.

thestarsarespellbound
on 10/24/19 5:29 am

Ahh I see, thank you for replying!

Neonanrs
on 10/24/19 12:35 pm

it Took a month from my last visit with my doctor.

Surgery date 9-23-15, SW: 212 CW: 125

Doctors goal reached in 6 months. Personal goal reached in 11 months

thestarsarespellbound
on 10/28/19 5:18 am

Oh wow, okay hopefully it's a big quicker for me. I have a bit deductible that I met for this year and I don't want to have to try to do it again! ?

thundermuffins
on 10/28/19 7:54 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/07/19

A lot of it depends on your insurance requirements, and your ability to get preop things completed. I knew I wanted to shoot for September/October for my surgery. I started in late May, and my insurance required 3 RD visits spaced over 90 days, as well as psych, PCP approval, Cardiology approval, Chest X-Ray, blood work, GI approval and Upper endoscopy, as well as no weight gain during the process. I have Aetna. I had surgery October 7th. I could have concieveably had surgery a little sooner, but Cardiology took a while for some reason. They wanted a lot of tests, even after the Cardiologist confirmed my heart was perfect. It seemed excessive, but better safe than sorry. Because my BMI was over 50, I also had to consult with Vascular Surgery about an IVC filter to prevent blood clots post op. That was my physician's requirement though, not the insurances. Good luck on your journey!

thestarsarespellbound
on 11/7/19 5:15 am

Thank you so much for replying! ?

I was told January now, so hopefully there will be a cancellation or opening in December! Fingers crossed!

Needtogetback45
on 11/6/19 8:10 am
VSG on 01/16/20

I think it depends on the office. I had my consult Sep and am scheduled for Surgery Jan 7th. I was trying for Dec because of the deductible but she was too busy. My coordinator put me on the books before my last nutrition because I had some work changes and needed it to get done sooner. They were very understanding. good luck!

Most Active