Newbie - Waiting for Surgeon Appointment

GracellenMarie
on 11/4/19 1:55 pm

Hello All:

I started my journey to WLS back in August and I am in the home stretch. One more appointment with the dietician early next month, then with the nurse practitioner the week after. After that, I meet with my surgeon to discuss the surgery and schedule my surgery! I'm excited, but nervous of course. Just so happy that I decided to move forward with the process. I have been in the constant lose-gain-lose-gain cycle for many years. The summer before last I had lost 97 pounds and was within 20 pounds of my goal weight, all from following a popular commercial weight loss program. I never in a million years thought I would gain any of that weight back - thought I had conquered the monster once and for all. Here I sit a year and a half later with all but 25 of those pounds back on. That was the deciding factor for me concerning surgery. I can always lose it, but it always comes back. I need this tool to help me with that piece of it :) . . . looking forward to reading more about all of your experiences. Thank you for sharing!!

ScaleSkater
on 11/5/19 11:36 am

Welcome. Just keep in mind that the tool doesn't work on auto-pilot. You need to own the changes required. Congrats on deciding on the surgery, but what else will you do differently afterwards. Pay attention to the vets here and identify what long-term successful people are doing like therapy, weighing and measuring food/recording, food logs, putting protein first, limiting carbs significantly, etc... I thought deciding to the surgery was the hardest thing I'd have to do. Now I realize what's hard is the work required everyday to stay healthy. It's so worth it, but you'll see a pattern in success and failure here on OH. Life can get in the way, so how you build your support system around you will help you weather what life throws at you. I wish you the best. Good Luck!!

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

karishka
on 11/9/19 12:51 pm

What you describe is exactly the reason I had surgery. I was so tired of years of almost reaching my goal only to once again end up so far from it. The surgery for me has ended that cycle.

I wish you all the best!

Most Active