9-month Checkup

Kathy S.
on 11/22/19 6:07 pm - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
I had my 9-month appointment today. I'm down 70 pounds and want to lose another 40-50. I'm off meds for depression and anxiety--still taking cholesterol and BP meds. I see the pulmonologist in a few weeks and will ask if I can re-test yet to possibly get off my CPAP. I feel GREAT and am pleased with the restriction I have with my sleeve.

The PA today advised me to track my calories, protein, carbs, and water for the next week to gauge how I'm doing. She suggested that I keep my calories around 1200, my protein 70-100 g, carbs under 70 g., and my water 100 oz. So I'll see how close my typical day falls into those ranges and adjust as needed.

I also want to start getting more exercise than just walking. I have some recommended videos that I plan to start using starting in December. I teach college, so I'll have about a month off from work, and I hope to get that exercise habit established during that time.

I still have a scoop of unflavored protein powder every morning with my morning tea or hot cocoa, and that works to keep me satisfied until early afternoon when I begin to feel hungry. My husband and I eat out or order in almost every night, and I usually eat 1/4-1/3 of whatever I order and try to eat the leftovers for lunches (or share them with the dogs!).

I'm very pleased with my decision to have the surgery. I feel like it has given me my life back!

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Richard Bach

White Dove
on 11/23/19 8:52 am - Warren, OH

You are doing really well. Exercise does keep the depression in check as well as all its benefits for the body. Good luck with the CPAP.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active