Can someone offer their opinion on my daily diet?

ejirish
on 12/2/19 6:55 am, edited 12/2/19 10:51 am

I'm considering WW to help with accountability. Anyone else on it? What plan?

I was sleeved 3 yrs ago... but not losing at a rate that I'd like. I pretty much stick to the same diet M-F:

1 shake in am (GNC lean shake with water), salad for lunch w/ grilled chicken 1 oz feta, 1 built bar- late snack, apple slices (sometimes), protein for dinner... either steak, chicken, pork... and sometimes an enlighten bar (my weakness). This is pretty much M-F and weekends I'll have eggs in am, no shake. I've added it all up before and its 900-1000 cals... does this sound like a lot? Anyone else a few years out- is your daily intake similar?

White Dove
on 12/2/19 3:43 pm - Warren, OH

That is about what I eat while in maintenance. To actually lose weight, I have to stay at about 800 a day and will lose a pound a week. I believe that after surgery, my metabolism is much slower than before.

Last year I followed Weigh****chers MyWW plan and lost fifteen pounds in four months. I will do that again starting in January. I do not do shakes anymore and try to eat dense protein and low carb vegetables. I also eat very little fruit.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/3/19 8:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I would suggest going for as much lean, dense protein as you can. Chicken breast, lunch meat, beef jerky, other ways of preparing meat, maybe some cheese in there. Shakes, lettuce, protein bars, and fruit won't stay around in your stomach and keep you satisfied.

If you're struggling to lose weight at your current intake level, that probably means you should cut calories. There are plenty of folks here, especially several years out, who need to drop to about 800/day to lose weight.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

TheWombat
on 12/3/19 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I agree that you probably need to drop your calories to about 800 if you want to lose weight faster.

I find that I lose weight fairly steadily at about 800 calories per day. At 900 calories, I still lose weight, but very s...l...o...w...l...y.

Guest9254
on 12/3/19 5:34 pm
VSG on 09/18/18

My two cents....

Any exercise as part of your routine? Diet is king but exercise is also useful and can reinforce making better food/portion choices.

Try to focus on maximizing your water intake. Don't eat/snack after dinner. Protein first then veggies then fruit and then carbs. Minimize sugar. Rinse. Repeat.

Most Active