I'm baaaaack

JoeyJo
on 3/4/20 8:16 am - NJ

I'm OK, gained a bit of weight and lost a LOT!

I have gained approx. 35 lbs after losing 108 after surgery in June 2014.

I also lost my daughter on March 9, 2019. She was almost 34 years old. The oldtimers may remember that my daughter had a lot of health issues which took her by surprise. We were planning for her kidney transplant but she was not able to get healthy enough.

I gained my grandsons. I always had my grandsons, but now they live with me and I have custody. They are now 11 and 12 so I became their parent.

Time to get healthier.

My good friend Bruno is contemplating this surgery so I gave him the link to this group and realized how far I've let myself slide. OK I had bigger fish to fry so I'm just going to get back on track.

JoeyJo
on 3/4/20 8:18 am - NJ

Shoot, I have to fix my signature. It was at my low weight. Boo!

AngCan2
on 3/7/20 6:05 am
VSG on 10/17/14

Hi JoeyJo,

So sorry to hear about your daughter and all that you have gone through this last year. Sending all my love to you and your grandsons.

Like you I had my surgery in back Oct of 2014 and am back after going from 145 to 186 (now down to 178). It is time I get back on track and treat the VSG as a tool like I am supposed. I think coming to the forums will help with accountability and being able to get/give support where needed.

Much love.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/20 6:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

JoeyJo, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My daughter will have been gone due to cancer for 15 years on 3/22. There is nothing comparable to losing a child though we eventually learn to live with it. I envy you having your grandsons.

I lost 105 pounds originally but regained about 25 over 2019 while caring for my husband with dementia (he passed away in early January this year). I decided to lose 20 of them (the last 5 ends up being mostly my boobs, LOL). I went to WW for the third time in my life to have structure and accountability. I find it works well with WLS and having a VSG really makes a difference. I have lost 15 pounds since early December and am now at my WLS goal. I still want to drop a few more but am mostly back into all my clothes again.

Good luck to you - it is important to be as healthy as possible for yourself and your grandsons. I originally had VSG so I would be able to be a caretaker for my husband which I was until he had to go into long-term care 3 months before he died.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

JoeyJo
on 6/8/23 11:12 am - NJ

3 years later after the loss of my daughter in March 2019, I fought for custody of her sons. Then I lost my long- term boyfriend, my rock, in February 2021. My son-in- law passed away last year and I was appointed sole legal guardian of my grieving grandsons.

My older brother called me a victim and told me to stop making excuses for everything he considered that I've done wrong (basically not living my life according to HIS rules). He is a toxic bully who I've cut contact with, but he was right about one thing-

Excuses for not following my required calorie, protein, and water intake even for very valid reasons (overwhelmed with grief, childcare, work, pandemic, sports, school issues, probate of the estates, filing for full guardianship, SS benefits, getting the boys caught up on doctors and dental appointments, my surgeries, disability leave, etc., etc.) will not reduce or stop weight from piling on.

I am just now starting to roll out of the breakers to take a breath. I'm proud to have accomplished everything needed, but I've gained about 60-70 lbs from my lowest weight. It is time to take care of myself so I'll be around to take care of my grandsons!

I used to be on here at least 5x/week.

DreamLuei
on 7/3/23 12:20 pm

Thank for sharing.

DreamLuei
on 7/5/23 7:01 am

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced and the loss of your daughter.

Milvian
on 7/5/23 1:47 am, edited 7/4/23 6:48 pm

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced and the loss of your daughter. It is understandable that these experiences have affected your well-being and attention to your own health. Taking care of yourself is very important, especially now that you have taken on the responsibility of raising your grandchildren. It's great that you are motivated to get back on the right track and make your health a priority. I advise you to get checkups with doctors more often, so you can understand your health status. I usually use this site https://www.vipdentalny.com/, they have quality dental exams.

Most Active