i'M SLEEVED!

BoweryBetty
on 3/7/20 8:20 pm - San Francisco, CA

HI everyone,

I just got back from the hospital. I made it. I'm full of gas and pain. I'm going to bed after I write this post. Thank you all for your warm vibes and encouragement. Take care and keep being amazing

Be safe and well, B.B.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/8/20 10:39 am

Good luck in your recovery.

Best for me when I was dealing with gas from surgery, was walking. Unfortunately the "surgery gas" pain are horrible and beside some pain meds, nothing can be done to help them. Unfortunately it ,at take some time for the body to absorb the gas.

The abdominal gas pain - the gas trapped inside our intestines, we eventually get it out (farting or burping lol) but the gas they used during surgery to be able to see inside us, is trapped in our body, outside of the intestines, and that gas can travel even to our shoulders (mine did) causing horrible pain.

First 24 hours were the worse, but depends how fast your body can deal with that, it may take fro 1-3 days.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

BoweryBetty
on 3/8/20 6:02 pm - San Francisco, CA

Thank you so much for this info H.A.L.A B. I've just begun to fart! I had strange pain in my shoulders, too. I've been stiff getting around today. I have a walker that's been helping me walk up and down the hallways in my building. I really appreciate this info. Take care and be well x0x0x

Be safe and well, B.B.

Tidgel
on 3/10/20 6:41 am
RNY on 04/15/19

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

BoweryBetty
on 3/11/20 3:04 pm - San Francisco, CA

Thank you so much, Tidgel. I have a question you've probably answered million times. Is it normal to have a lot of pain on my right side?

Be safe and well, B.B.

Tidgel
on 3/12/20 12:01 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Hi TattooDoll-I didn't have the Sleeve procedure so I am not sure if that is common or not but with my RNY, I had gas buildup that caused pain but it dissipated after a few days. Hope you are feeling better!

BoweryBetty
on 3/12/20 12:18 pm - San Francisco, CA

Hi Tidgel,

THank you for getting back to me. I'm feeling a little better today but that side is still sore.

Be safe and well, B.B.

Dusty2018
on 3/17/20 8:10 am - Winamac, IN

Congratulations! Make sure you're walking around to relieve that gas pain. How are you feeling today? Heal well! Good luck on your journey.

BoweryBetty
on 3/17/20 10:49 am - San Francisco, CA

Hi Dusty,

I'm feeling better than last week. I've been trying to do several laps around my hallways in my building every day. Some days have been better than others. My wounds still hurt, especially on my right side near my breast. I've lost a few pounds! THank you for the good vibes

Be safe and well, B.B.

Dusty2018
on 6/8/20 10:22 am - Winamac, IN

Good afternoon! I hope you're doing much better after your surgery a few months ago! Are things going back to any thing resembling normal after the Covid issue there?

I see you've gone down over 60 pounds and that's great! That's spectacular! Feeling better in many ways I would imagine! Continued luck on your journey ! Take care! ð?'

Most Active