Regain

L_LThomas125
on 6/24/20 6:18 am
VSG on 12/23/16

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had VSG in 2016 and went from 268 to 183 (not as much as the doctor thought I'd lose) and have since been on a steady regain. I feel so frustrated and could use some advice for getting back on track and heading the right direction. Good thing is I do still get full very quickly so I know my pouch is still working!

Thank you in advance!!!

hollykim
on 6/24/20 11:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15 with
On June 24, 2020 at 1:18 PM Pacific Time, L_LThomas125 wrote:

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had VSG in 2016 and went from 268 to 183 (not as much as the doctor thought I'd lose) and have since been on a steady regain. I feel so frustrated and could use some advice for getting back on track and heading the right direction. Good thing is I do still get full very quickly so I know my pouch is still working!

Thank you in advance!!!

first, you have a sleeve not a pouch. A pouch is made when one has a gastric bypass.
second, what is a days menu like for you?

L_LThomas125
on 6/24/20 12:52 pm
VSG on 12/23/16

Usually eggs or oatmeal for breakfast

A carb balance wrap (PB & J) or lunch meat and cheese, occasionally a salad for lunch

Dinner usually varies, sometimes grilled chicken and veggies, sometimes steak, sometimes chili, sometimes eating out

typically snacks are goldfish, turkey jerky, popcorn or a small bowl of cereal

White Dove
on 6/25/20 2:36 pm

The only way to get regain under control is to get food intake under control. That means weighing and/or measuring portions, tracking the calories and other macros.

For me, the best way to do that is to follow Weigh****chers. It allows me to eat any food as long as I track the points. I found myself 30 pounds over my goal in January 2019. I have slowly lost 20 pounds and am now 10 pounds over goal. I have not given anything up, but do track every point.

My goal was to be at goal by June 1 but I did not make it. I do blame the quarantine for me doing less exercise and doing more treats. I am not giving up and will still get back to my goal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/20 5:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Like White Dove, I also went to WW to lose a 20 pound regain. At the end of the day the same techniques that helped us lose weight after WLS apply: weigh regularly, track what you are eating, keep active. Tracking honestly is probably the most critical for me. I like using WW as it incorporates tracking but point based vs calorie based and it has steered me to healthier eating. I have a serious sweet tooth and for once in my life I don't have to deny it as I can satisfy it with fruits which is way more healthy than the sweets I used to eat.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics