Regain

L_LThomas125
on 6/24/20 6:18 am
VSG on 12/23/16

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had VSG in 2016 and went from 268 to 183 (not as much as the doctor thought I'd lose) and have since been on a steady regain. I feel so frustrated and could use some advice for getting back on track and heading the right direction. Good thing is I do still get full very quickly so I know my pouch is still working!

Thank you in advance!!!

hollykim
on 6/24/20 11:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 24, 2020 at 1:18 PM Pacific Time, L_LThomas125 wrote:

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had VSG in 2016 and went from 268 to 183 (not as much as the doctor thought I'd lose) and have since been on a steady regain. I feel so frustrated and could use some advice for getting back on track and heading the right direction. Good thing is I do still get full very quickly so I know my pouch is still working!

Thank you in advance!!!

first, you have a sleeve not a pouch. A pouch is made when one has a gastric bypass.
second, what is a days menu like for you?

L_LThomas125
on 6/24/20 12:52 pm
VSG on 12/23/16

Usually eggs or oatmeal for breakfast

A carb balance wrap (PB & J) or lunch meat and cheese, occasionally a salad for lunch

Dinner usually varies, sometimes grilled chicken and veggies, sometimes steak, sometimes chili, sometimes eating out

typically snacks are goldfish, turkey jerky, popcorn or a small bowl of cereal

JerseyCityGal
on 10/19/20 5:39 pm - NJ
with

Stop with the snacking. Snacking tripped me up and it was extremely hard to get out of that habit. Those little snacks add up.

I saw a BBC programme and the vsg sleeve surgeon said something that really stuck with me. You don't ever seen a lion out looking for a chipmunk to snack on. They eat a gazelle and that's it until their next meal. You are supposed to be hungry when you eat, not always putting something in your mouth so that you don't ever actually get hungry.

White Dove
on 6/25/20 2:36 pm - Warren, OH

The only way to get regain under control is to get food intake under control. That means weighing and/or measuring portions, tracking the calories and other macros.

For me, the best way to do that is to follow Weigh****chers. It allows me to eat any food as long as I track the points. I found myself 30 pounds over my goal in January 2019. I have slowly lost 20 pounds and am now 10 pounds over goal. I have not given anything up, but do track every point.

My goal was to be at goal by June 1 but I did not make it. I do blame the quarantine for me doing less exercise and doing more treats. I am not giving up and will still get back to my goal.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/27/20 5:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Like White Dove, I also went to WW to lose a 20 pound regain. At the end of the day the same techniques that helped us lose weight after WLS apply: weigh regularly, track what you are eating, keep active. Tracking honestly is probably the most critical for me. I like using WW as it incorporates tracking but point based vs calorie based and it has steered me to healthier eating. I have a serious sweet tooth and for once in my life I don't have to deny it as I can satisfy it with fruits which is way more healthy than the sweets I used to eat.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views