Loose skin and "lady" issues

Wls2019
on 7/3/20 4:45 pm
VSG on 06/01/19

Have any of you ladies had issues with vagina yeast infections and bacterial infections since losing weight! Since I've had my surgery, I've had mild issues, but persistent enough that they either never fully resolve or I am getting them back to back. I've been to the gyno, and he says I don't have a yeast infection and tests show a low grade bacterial infection. I'm wondering if having loose skin could be an issue. I have loose belly skin, but it doesn't cover my lady area. Also, I figure the loose thigh skin could be a culprit. I just don't know and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I don't have any skin infections or irritation where the loose skin is, so idk.

catwoman7
on 7/4/20 6:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I haven't - but your theory sounds plausible. I used to have similar problems under my breasts when I was SMO.

hollykim
on 7/4/20 11:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 3, 2020 at 11:45 PM Pacific Time, Wls2019 wrote:

Have any of you ladies had issues with vagina yeast infections and bacterial infections since losing weight! Since I've had my surgery, I've had mild issues, but persistent enough that they either never fully resolve or I am getting them back to back. I've been to the gyno, and he says I don't have a yeast infection and tests show a low grade bacterial infection. I'm wondering if having loose skin could be an issue. I have loose belly skin, but it doesn't cover my lady area. Also, I figure the loose thigh skin could be a culprit. I just don't know and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. I don't have any skin infections or irritation where the loose skin is, so idk.

if you are in a sexual relationship, your partner could be reinfecting you with yeast every time you have non condom using Sex.

if it is a bacterial infection , you should be given antibiotics till it resolves and if it is often recurring, after antibiotics, A vaginal culture should be done to determine exactly what bacteria it is and the antibiotic that will successfully treat it.

Most Active