Surgery after sleeve

katy
on 7/30/20 8:41 pm

Anybody have a second surgery after sleeve for weight loss which one and what were the results

Cathy H.
on 7/31/20 12:01 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Why would you need a second surgery? Are you having serious health complications?

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

katy
on 7/31/20 5:46 am

Weight gain no longer loosing even with daily exercise

hollykim
on 7/31/20 12:00 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 31, 2020 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, katy wrote:

Weight gain no longer loosing even with daily exercise

what does a days menu look like for you?

rocky513
on 7/31/20 3:29 pm, edited 7/31/20 8:31 am - WI

Exercise is great for your health but it is not necessary for losing weight. It really is all about what, and how much, you eat.

Do you measure your food? It gets very easy to over eat if you are eyeballing portion sizes. The further out from surgery we get, the more our pouches can hold. We need to measure portions and not go back for "seconds". None of us have an accurate view of what a proper portion size is. If we did we would not need surgery.

Are you drinking with meals? If you are...STOP! drinking with meals pushes food through your system and you can eat more without feeling restriction. If you do not chew well, drinking with meals can push large chunks of food through your stoma and stretch it out. This will mean that you have one long tube acting as a stomach and you will never feel restriction again with out a corrective surgery... and most of those surgeries fail.

Are you eating too many carbs? Stay away from rice, pasta, bread, crackers, chips, sugar, potatoes, and other starchy foods. Carby foods are easy to eat and we can eat a boatload of them. Fruit is another carby food. It seems like a healthy choice, but our bodies read fruit as sugar. Eating too much fruit will slow or stop your weight loss. A serving of strawberries (which is about 4 or 5 berries****asionally would be acceptable. There will be time to eat fruit when you are at goal.

Your menu should be meat, non starchy veggies, and zero calorie liquids until you reach goal. Keep in mind that you can and will gain weight if you eat too much food...even if it is healthy food.

Drink at least 64 ounces of fluid per day. I drink closer to 120 ounces to feel good.

Write down everything that passes your lips and how big your portions are for a week. It might give you insight to where your problem areas are.

Surgery was never meant to do all of the work of weight loss. It just gives us a fighting chance if we follow the rules.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

katy
on 7/31/20 3:47 pm

Thanks I can think of several things I need to cut out of my diet right now

Most Active