ejirish’s Posts

ejirish
on 12/29/21 1:41 pm
Topic: RE: Calories 5 yrs out/49 year old woman

Just curious if anyone has gotten sound guidance on how many calories are really needed for weight loss? I dont trust the online TEE calculators.. I think they're too high. I'm 49/ woman.. peri meni I think.. and I'm 5 years out sleeve. I have 40 lbs to lose .. I'd love to lose 10 at this point.

If anyone has gotten professional input on this I'd love to hear it.
Thanks!

ejirish
on 11/14/21 10:11 am
Topic: RE: WW MEMBERS?

Can you share what an average day looks like? Do you track calories too? Thanks again!

ejirish
on 11/14/21 10:10 am

thank you I'll post there!

ejirish
on 11/11/21 5:43 pm

HI ALL

Im 5 years out.. 49 y/o female. I think I'm pre menopause... which doesn't help weight loss. Curious if anyone belongs to WW and is it helping? thanks

ejirish
on 4/4/21 4:20 pm
ejirish
on 11/29/20 10:15 am
Topic: RE: 4 yrs out... very slow metabolism.. so hard

hi all.. I fear I've wrecked my metabolism from yo yo fad diets since the age of 14.. you name it, I did it. I had sleeve 4 yrs ago.. but never lost everything I wanted to. I'm on ww but also started just simply calorie tracking .. seems I'm maintaining at 1400-1500 cals from what I can tell. I think I need to drop to 1200 at least to lose ..the problem is actually doing it...does anyone try to stay at 1200? What does your daily diet look like? Are you also tracking carbs?

ejirish
on 8/23/20 7:44 am
Topic: RE: 4 years out.. advice please .. I need a breakthrough

Wow.. do you eat "zero" points too? Do you feel satisfied on 800 calls? I still have restriction thank god but.. I do have hunger a lot.. very annoying .. just trying to find a reasonable solution

thank you for your feedback

ejirish
on 8/22/20 11:03 am
Topic: RE: 4 years out.. advice please .. I need a breakthrough

hi...I'm almost 48/female, sleeved 4 yrs ago. Sadly I never lost all of the weight I wanted. I'm stuck at 228 and really need good advice from anyone who's broken through something like this. I'm basically sedentary .. although I've been walking a lot more since covid. I joined ww.. but mentally have to fight eating all day. I don't drink alcohol .. I don't use cream, or have issues with treats/ indulging. I've had an issue being heavy all my life .. and have always been a "slow loser". The thing is.. I must get to "onderland" I didn't come this far ... to only come this far. Any advice from anyone who's experienced this is appreciated ??

ejirish
on 12/2/19 6:55 am, edited 12/2/19 10:51 am
Topic: RE: Can someone offer their opinion on my daily diet?

I'm considering WW to help with accountability. Anyone else on it? What plan?

I was sleeved 3 yrs ago... but not losing at a rate that I'd like. I pretty much stick to the same diet M-F:

1 shake in am (GNC lean shake with water), salad for lunch w/ grilled chicken 1 oz feta, 1 built bar- late snack, apple slices (sometimes), protein for dinner... either steak, chicken, pork... and sometimes an enlighten bar (my weakness). This is pretty much M-F and weekends I'll have eggs in am, no shake. I've added it all up before and its 900-1000 cals... does this sound like a lot? Anyone else a few years out- is your daily intake similar?

ejirish
on 8/20/19 11:38 am
Topic: RE: Just starting out

Hi Janet

We've all had our version of the "i'm done" moment... I remember thinking "will this chair break if i sit in it?" about every plastic chair... i was always wondering if people were staring at me. I'd go to bed thinking "i'm fat", and I'd wake up feeling like sht about myself. All of those feelings are long gone!! I feel SO much better about myself- and, I still have a way to go however I feel like a better version of myself!

Its great you have a journey buddy and you always have this place too!

Good luck to you!!

ejirish
on 8/20/19 8:29 am
Topic: RE: Help with daily diet- and demystifying the confusion

Hi all-

I'm 3 years out & struggling with my daily intake of food. I know low carb works best for me. I've joined weigh****chers on & off... I just find it all overwhelming and confusing. Like- why is fruit a "free" food? makes no sense to me.

Where/who can tell me exactly how much protein/calories/carbs I should have daily to be successful? Its a real question. I dont know anymore. Should I see an endocrinologist? Can they take your blood and then tell you based on your metabolism what your intake should be?

I'm overwhelmed. I really need to lose 30 more lbs...

If any of you could share your daily diet I'd appreciate it. I'm 46, female, low exercise, slow metabolism... (for reference)

ejirish
on 7/7/19 1:37 pm
Topic: RE: I need real straight talk advice.

I'm a 46 y/o female- sleeved 3 yrs ago. Lost a lot- very happy- never made it under 200 though... I'm trying mentally to find the mindset to go full speed back into the dieting. I work f/t m-f and i have at least 40 to go (according to me) to be back in that "happy place". I have come a long way- but I've been stuck. I havent gained since surgery (but i can see how easy it is) - how did you guys find/keep your motivation?

I feel like i must have been a sloth in my past life. I am truly lazy- and I'm just feeling really bad about myself. I just want the will to exercise more, and basically not eat the crap that has been keeping me from losing. 40 lbs seems so daunting- and meanwhile I keep reading over and over again how people make this tweak- or that tweak and they shed 20 lbs like that.....arrg I'm jealous of that. I've made all of my tweaks- i drink black coffee- no cream ever. No soda ever. No booze. No bread...mostly. But- i do have fistfuls of chips- and other crap- never enough to gain (but again, no loss).

Any inspiring thoughts? Blogs? your story? Other's stories? I didnt come this far...to only come this far.

Any words of advice are always appreciated- XO

ejirish
on 2/16/19 1:32 pm
Topic: RE: 3 years out in May- stuck

Hi Friends

First of all- I'm very grateful for the VSG- and I wouldnt redo anything... that said.. while I havent gained (by the grace of god) I havent lost. I'm 46, female, 5'6 and stuck at 227. I cant believe it. I've read so many stories about people dropping over 100lbs- I believed I would too. No- I dropped 75 (awesome) and... well.. just stayed there.

I love low carb and thats not an issue- although if I'm being honest I have slipped. But, bread, pasta, baked goods are a very rare part of my intake. I only drink water, seltzer, black coffee and diet snapple- no alcohol or soda ever. I joined WW- I began baking my own protein bites and quit protein bars altogether. I eat protein with every meal, always wait 30 mins before drinking. I tried IF but sucked at it- maybe try again? I know I need to incorporate exercise but sadly- this food thing is still a major issue. I dont binge- I stay about 80% true- but yes- weekends are an issue- I know I havent been 100% faithful to this- but I thinks its because theres never a payoff. Its exhausting... anyone else feel like this? any guidance is appreciated... I would cry tears of joy to get to 190 before I'm 50.

ejirish
on 7/23/18 8:03 am
Topic: RE: What is your daily diet 2 years out? Please share... I'm so stuck

I recently logged my food and am at 1000/1200... and 60 carbs...and havent lost any weight in an embarrassingly long time...

I'm definitely sensitive to carbs but I thought 60 was pretty good! I dont eat bread or pasta (or drink)... if I'm being honest I do shove a fistful of cereal in my face but honestly not that often...

I'm doing better and feeling better but I have 40lbs to go...

ejirish
on 2/12/17 10:25 am
Topic: RE: sleeved May 23rd... stuck at 61lbs loss.... getting mad at myself...

I was 285 day of surgery, now I'm 226...I would love to get to 170/175...

I'm trying to figure out where I should be protein, Carb & calorie wise... I have to start logging again. 

ejirish
on 2/12/17 7:33 am

UGH! I know what I need to do... get back to measuring & weighing... I also need to exercise. I KNOW that I know these things... I need to force myself to actually do them. 61 lbs is embarrassing at 9 months out- I've always been a very slow loser but c'mon. I eat very little bread (maybe 1x, 2x a weekend...) yes, I know to stop that... and, I had been adding granola to my yogurt. It turns out granola is the devil...

I'm just pretty disappointed in myself. I imagined I'd be in ONEderland by now... 24 to go.

Anyone in this situation? Any advice is appreciated...

XO

EJ 

ejirish
on 2/12/17 4:46 am

I have a qwest proten shake with unsweetened almond milk in am

then a dannon greek for snack/lunch

a protein plus/zone perfect bar in the afternoon

chick or steak (or some variation of protein for dinner) a veg if i can

then a snack later- yogurt/or veg/ piece of cheese/or sometimes popcorn (skinny pop/weekends) 

Up until a week ago I was having granola every day with yogurt- got carried away- just too addicting. 

Maybe I should stop the bar? Its up there in carbs- 26 I think...

ejirish
on 10/8/16 11:12 am
Topic: RE: The hair loss...

So, I'm guessing I've lost at least 1/3rd of my hair volume... its broken and shedding...  its deeply depressing. This started in August... how much longer? Any treatments I should do?

I've been foiling my hair since my early 20's... today I'm 44. I have grey tinsel growing in and I dont know if I should risk going for a foil? Also, I'm afraid to cut it short...its about shoulder length now- (which took FOREVER)... ugh- I need this to stop. 

The good news (?) I guess is that my part hasnt widened from what I can tell... and I dont see any noticeable bald spots. It all seems just to be breaking, not necessary falling from the roots. But again, hard to tell.. ugh- I wasnt prepared for this.

Any advice or experience would help!

Thanks in advance- Eileen xo 

ejirish
on 9/17/16 4:34 am
Topic: RE: Losing hair

The crazy shedding can last till the 9th month??? Mine is crazy too...I'm down to washing 1x a week... it wont last 4 more months of this. UGH. 

ejirish
on 9/11/16 1:07 pm
Topic: RE: The hair loss...

Sleeved 5/23, down about 45...I know...I'm a SLOW loser! I went from a loose size 22W to a perfect fitting 16W... I'm SO PSYCHED about that! I get lots of compliments, and one girl asked me straight out if I had "the surgery"... I was shocked at first. I lied at first and said no, she caught me so off guard. But then she went on to tell me how she had the band- so then I told her the truth. I'm sure my whole company knows by now- but- its honestly not a secret- so its OK. 

On to my hair, WOW- its shedding at such a high rate. Its literally coming out by the hand fulls, everyday. Its SO depressing... I know not much can be done, I hope it passes soon. I still wouldnt change A THING... but I sure do wish my hair would stop falling out.  

ejirish
on 7/4/16 6:36 am
Topic: RE: Zinc to stop/prevent hair loss?

I dont know what the heck that smiley is all about... ooops- 

ejirish
on 7/4/16 6:35 am
Topic: RE: Zinc to stop/prevent hair loss?

Any success stories? I've been getting my hair foiled blond for more years that I care to say - so, I dont know if this is in my head or what, but I'm about 5 weeks out & I have noticed a LOT of breakage- and more hair in the brush. My surgeon mentioned zinc to help- I googled it, and it does say good things about zinc and the correlation to hair loss prevention- but it also says dont take more than 3 weeks?

Anyone try zinc and notice improvements? I was thinking maybe take 2, or 3x a week?

ejirish
on 6/28/16 6:25 am
Topic: RE: feeling a little bit like what the h*ell

Yes- but ...it just feels like forever :( I need my silly body to give in already and get with the program! (laughing- not laughing...)

arghh...

ejirish
on 6/28/16 6:13 am
Topic: RE: feeling a little bit like what the h*ell

I've lost 23 lbs since 5/23 and thats great- and wonderful- and I dont want to come across like I'm complaining- BUT- I am a little wtf... I've been up and down 6 ounces for two weeks of the month... first I blamed TOM, then I blamed cheese- now I'm just scratching my head. I cant even come down a lb?? It makes me teary and then I just shake it off because I KNOW its only been a month- but I feel like given my new diet of food... I should at least be losing a lb a week? Right? Is it too much to ask?

I have cup black coffee am

m-f a qwest pb shake w/ unsweetened almond/coconut milk

light n fit greek for lunch

2-3 slices boars head turkey

serving of cheese

2 ounces protein dinner/vege too if it fits

(sometimes) a premier protein in evening

This is my standard, weekends I'll have up to 2 eggs am, and 2 turkey sausage (i never fini**** all)- and the rest of the day is pretty standard...

I've ALWAYS been a slow loser- but- I was really hoping it would improve a little by now? Are my expectations too high?

ejirish
on 6/23/16 3:45 am
Topic: RE: ONE MONTH!

Just wanted to check in... can't believe it's been a month already!

Things have been OK...figuring out food & fullness has been quite the experience. I ate a scrambled egg and it was a nightmare...but "sunny side up" is fine...

Also..Carol- I DO get runny noses every time I'm full!! So weird!

Cheese is a REAL problem for me, and I have to cut that out...

I was 280 pre surgery, 275 day of surgery and now I'm 257.7... so HAPPY!

Yesterday was my first real "fat brain" day- and I couldnt get food off of my mind- I did eat 5 chips- and I'm not "confessing"...I'm not sorry, I'm shocked how easy it was to do...however, I was able to shut that down at 5 chips rather than the whole bag thank God. And now I know- no chips allowed in the house for a while! 

Anyway- this has been SO WORTH IT! Clothes fit better, my face looks better and I just feel better...I cant wait to see the 240's again!!

Most Active