Cynthia W.’s Posts

Cynthia W.
on 7/5/20 11:02 am
Topic: RE: VSG 3/21/2017 with just a few issues

So, started at 243, am 5'7, current weight 129 and holding, give or take a pound on any given day. My issues are of course, loose skin but not enough for insurance to help deal with so to have that removed is all going to be out of pocket. And when I mean loose skin, who knew that the, sorry to the guys, "vahjayjay" would also have loose skin on the outside? Seriously? The only other issue that I have is I still vomit if I eat more than 6-8 bites of food. I mean, it has been 3 years, 3 months and still happening? Makes me very nauseous and finally I just have to go look at the toilet and it is coming up. Like the food isn't going all the way down and so it needs to go somewhere. Happens on almost a daily basis with no rhyme or reason. Have seen the GI doctor who did an EGD twice and stretched my esophagus both times and also did a colonoscopy to make sure there wasn't any other underlying issue. They also did a manometry, not fun at all. They pass a tube a little bigger than a pencil through your nose, all the way down to the stomach. You have to hold it in for 10 sessions and they will tell you when to swallow, causes you to salivate so of course you really want to swallow but aren't allowed or they have to start over. The tech messed up the first time and had to completely start over, wasn't fun. It did show NO peristalsis in 3 of the 10 sessions but that was chalked up to as a fluke. I don't have a large intestine due to NO PERISTALSIS and asked if the 2 could be related but that was blown off. Thinking that at this point I need a new GI doctor.

Cynthia W.
on 10/18/19 2:33 pm
Topic: RE: Any regrets?

No regrets whatsoever! I am 2 years and 7 months out, 112 pounds down and weight is at 132. I feel great, told that I look amazing and wouldn't change things for the world. My only regret was not doing it sooner!!

Cynthia W.
on 6/29/19 5:36 am
Topic: RE: HAIR LOSS!!!

Thank you for the feedback. Still losing hair, it has slacked up a lot but... All the labs were EXCELLENT. It is a pain though!

Cynthia W.
on 6/29/19 5:35 am

Still losing hair, not as much now. All of my labs are AMAZING!!!

Cynthia W.
on 6/29/19 5:33 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Date was 3/21/17... outcome!!!

H. Pylori was negative. Still inconclusive as to why the vomiting other than I might still be eating too fast. But, on a positive, weighed this morning and I was down to 132.7. Not trying to get lower at this point but was very surprised!!

Cynthia W.
on 5/22/19 4:36 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery Date was 3/21/17... outcome!!!

2 years and 2 months out myself and feeling AMAZING! Went in at 243, current weight is 134. I don't snack, sometimes it is really trying not to. I still have bloating and gas. Also, having issues of vomiting with more than 6-7 bites of food, seeing GI doc for that and have had barium swallow, 2 EGD's and a manometry (definitely not fun). Also, if I don't have enough water, I have palpitations. Yes, I have seen a cardiologist and having tests to make sure there isn't anything else going on. I have excess skin that I would like removed but since I don't have a large panus, will have to pay out of pocket. I also went total Paleo on my diet, it works for me. I know the surgery was just a tool and everything else was a lifestyle change, it worked for me. So for all of you that are going through this amazing journey, keep up the great work!

Cynthia W.
on 5/22/19 4:26 pm
Topic: RE: Two year post sleeve!

2 years and 2 months out myself and feeling AMAZING! Went in at 243, current weight is 134. I don't snack, sometimes it is really trying not to. I still have bloating and gas. Also, having issues of vomiting with more than 6-7 bites of food, seeing GI doc for that and have had barium swallow, 2 EGD's and a manometry (definitely not fun). I have excess skin that I would like removed but since I don't have a large panus, will have to pay out of pocket. Keep up the great work!

Cynthia W.
on 9/9/18 2:58 pm

I am 18 months out from VSG and still losing so much hair. I take my Biotin, multivitamins, protein but the hair loss just isn't slowing down. I can definitely see my scalp. Short of adding some hair fibers, has anyone had any luck with the Minoxydil or anything like that?

Cynthia W.
on 5/21/17 6:35 am, edited 5/21/17 6:37 am
Topic: RE: Hip Pain!

I am 8 and 1/2 weeks out, down 45 pounds and am having right side hip pain. Not sure if it is from working out too hard or what. I did this before when I lost a lot of weight and had to start sleeping with a pillow between my legs, which did seem to help. Anyone else have this?

Cynthia W.
on 3/25/17 8:57 am
Topic: RE: Surgery is done, now to retrain myself

Right now, I really feel amazing. I figured out mine was the Dilaudid and wouldn't let them give me any for the 2nd 24 hours that I was there. I felt much better without!!!

Cynthia W.
on 3/25/17 8:56 am

I never once doubted my decision to have the surgery. I am doing very well since being home and off the narcotics. Surgeon wanted to give me Percocet for pain but I requested Tramadol only so she wrote for 102 every 4-6 hours. I have only taken a total of 2 and that was just for discomfort, not really pain at all.

Cynthia W.
on 3/25/17 8:54 am

Thank you Shana, I appreciate that more than you know. I am feeling much better since I am not on all the meds!

Cynthia W.
on 3/25/17 8:53 am

Clear was just for the first 3-4 days. I started protein drinks this morning. Could only do 2 ounces over an hour but that is alright. Still lots of sipping on water.

Cynthia W.
on 3/24/17 11:28 am

I came through surgery very well. I was given Dilaudid and Phenergan post op which is not a great thing for me as I don't tolerate narcotics at all, nor does my body care for the anesthesia. So, needless to say, I started having nausea and vomiting right away. I could take about a tsp. of water and it was coming back up. Have scripts for Zofran and Protonix. Also was given Ancef for antibiotics. Found out that I am allergic to Ancef :( So that will not be something that will be allowed again. My overnight stay turned into 2 nights instead because my surgeon wanted to make sure that I was able to keep stuff down. I started walking the halls right after I went to empty my bladder the first time. And I am sleeping! All I got to do in the hospital was cat naps because someone is always coming in to check on you. One day at a time!!! My surgeon told me to postpone the protein drinks for few days, same for the vitamins.

Cynthia W.
on 3/21/17 5:54 pm
Topic: RE: Tomorrow is the day!!!

I am so ready for this! I have to be at the hospital at 6:15 to check in, surgery scheduled for 8:15. I am more than ready!!!

Cynthia W.
on 3/18/17 5:35 am
Topic: RE: Count down is on!

Okay, surgery is Wednesday. March 22nd. When I had to meet with the surgeon this week she asked me if I was nervous at all. I didn't even have to think about that question. I have had so many people ask me that same question and it is always, NOT A BIT! I am beyond ready for this. I have been on the liver shrink for a week, down almost 10 pounds doing it. Of course I have a husband who asked if I can do it without the surgery and lose that weight, why can't I just do it all the time. Well, because as disciplined as I am, I don't have an investment to motivate me to keep on track 100% of the time. This is my tool to help keep me motivated and disciplined. I can't wait. I have prayed about this and was prepared for whatever decision the insurance company made. I was prepared that if they turned me down, then that was the answer that I needed, though I know I would have been disappointed. I want to be able to not have my joints hurt and back pain all the time. I want to fit into regular clothes and not have to keep going up in size. I want to at least look like I fit in with my own family. My sister and I are the same height, though she is in a 0/1 in juniors, my brothers are ALL slim and fit. I can exercise around them all day long and they don't have to do anything to stay how they are. I know I will have extra skin, okay, I can handle that. What I can't handle is doing nothing about it if there is a chance that I can come out better, stronger and healthier than I am.

Cynthia W.
on 3/13/17 4:55 pm, edited 3/13/17 6:01 pm
Topic: RE: I GOT MY APPROVAL AND DATE!!!

YAY! Insurance approved my VSG and I have a date for the 22nd, next Wednesday. I am so beyond excited and ready for this. Any tips???

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views