allbygrace’s Posts

allbygrace
on 8/18/20 12:35 pm
Topic: RE: Sharp Pain Question

Thank you,,,, good to know! :)

allbygrace
on 8/18/20 6:11 am

Thank you for responding. No, I haven't had my gallbladder removed. Is it located on my left side? Funny, it only hurts when I move a certain way while lying down and it is the sharpest pain ever!! I am thinking of going to the doctor about this but was wondering if it was just a scar tissue around my stomach from my bariatric surgery. ??? Thanks again!!

allbygrace
on 8/17/20 2:58 pm

I had VSG on 12/8/14 trying to get off 30 lbs of regained weight. Today's question pertains to left side sharp pain. Just wondering if anyone else has this type of pain and what may be causing this sharp pain. The exact location of the pain is on my left side just below my rib cage. The pain comes to be when I turn over a certain way in my bed trying to lay on my side. The pain is so sharp it almost takes my breath away. It takes a few moments for it to go away. I have to breathe slowly and move very carefully to get into a safe position to get the pain to stop. While the pain is sharp it is very difficult for me to move around. I thought maybe I was constipated but why the sharp pain? Why does it hurt only when I turn a certain way while lying in bed? Then I am wondering if it is scar tissue on my stomach? Just wondering if anyone has this type of pain? What are your thoughts as to what may be causing this? I take miralax every morning for constipation. Would constipation cause a sharp pain on the left side just below my last rib? Your thoughts? Thank you!!

allbygrace
on 2/6/20 4:56 pm
Topic: RE: Use of Straws?

Thank you everyone! Just needed that assurance, good to go now. I just ordered 250 straws on amazon. :)

allbygrace
on 2/4/20 6:30 pm
Topic: RE: Use of Straws?

I am a little over 5 years post op.Wondering if straws are still out for me. I've been having difficulty getting in my daily water intake. So, I started measuring out my water and drinking with a straw. Thought I should ask since I'm over 5 years out, is this ok? I was told using a straw would cause air in the stomach. Is this still true years out? Thank you!

allbygrace
on 2/2/20 5:40 am
Topic: RE: Why am I taking in so much air???

Are you drinking with a straw? I was told that would cause air in your stomach. ??? :)

allbygrace
on 3/6/19 5:58 pm
Topic: RE: Falling Apart!!!

Feeling some better but still struggling. This month is full of doctor's appointments for different family members but I'm still looking into talking to someone, just need to get to the right person and a place that takes my insurance. I need to call my insurance company this week. Thanks for asking, Gwen!

allbygrace
on 2/28/19 1:08 pm

Thank you, Gwen...... I believe you are right. For the last 2 years I have tried to do this on my own. I do fine but when things get unsettled around me, I tend to crash into that depressed state which of course causes me to lose focus. I will look into seeing a therapist. Life is too short and I want to enjoy my blessed years I have left. I "will" come out of this and reach my goals. I really appreciate all those who have reached out with their support, prayers and hugs!

allbygrace
on 2/28/19 6:48 am

Thank you "all" for the kind words..... I really consider myself a strong spiritual person but seems like I keep falling into this dark hole in my life which is causing me not to focus on myself with my weight issues. It was mentioned to maybe try 'cognitive therapy' and maybe seeing a therapist. This is all new to me and I will look into this. Right now, my husband is suffering from anxiety and depression and trying to find the right medication for it. Honestly, I don't know if it is .... my husband's depression that is pulling me down into my dark place or if I have my own issues? It's so hard to rise above this dark cloud in my home. Thank you again for all the comments. They have been so helpful!!

allbygrace
on 2/27/19 7:51 pm

The last 6 weeks have been difficult for me. You know, if my world is not settled or happy,,,,, I'm not happy. And when I'm not happy, I lose my focus and my world stops! My self esteem is pretty low. I have to get my focus back.... I can't give up and think ,,, what's the use? Need some kind encouraging words to help me get back on track. How do ya'll stay focus when your world around you falls apart?

allbygrace
on 1/31/19 6:43 am
Topic: RE: Big Mistake- It Was The Pasta?s Fault

Gwen, I think this is her "sense of humor" coming out by blaming the pasta. I am sure she is taking full responsibility. :)

Mindy, it took courage for you to post this and I do sense your pain and struggles. You "can" do this. Like Gwen said,,,, the sleeve is our tool. We need to let it work for us. Maybe talk to your dietician about what you can eat to stay on track while you're sick. I know when I get sick, I do not feel like eating dense protein or veggies. My appetite is not there for it. Maybe at least drink some hot protein drinks? Talk to your dietician for some suggestions. You have come a long way..... you CAN do this! :)

allbygrace
on 1/29/19 11:22 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, 1/29/2019

Gwen, your food sounds good! Do you have the recipe for "asian chicken wonton cup" and your "chicken curry meatballs"? I need some new things to eat. :)

Had my bone density test down this morning, (I'm in my maintenance years... lol) .... came out of the building with snow falling so beautifully.

QOTD: A fly on the which wall? I would love to watch my daughter read the bedtime stories to my grand babies as they get ready for bed tonight. I miss those precious moments as a mother.

B: protein drink

L: stir fry steamed veggies with turkey, salsa, taco seasonings, parm cheese

S: chobani yogurt

D: steamed veggies with baked fish (stinking up the kitchen... lol)

S:yogurt, apple

Ex: elliptical and some resistance training.

allbygrace
on 1/23/19 9:05 pm
Topic: RE: Would you do it again?

After having tried EVERY diet out there and several medically weight loss programs and having lost some weight but regaining that same weight plus more,,,,,, YES, I am so glad I had my VSG surgery! My "only" regret is not doing it years earlier.

allbygrace
on 1/21/19 8:28 pm
Topic: RE: Just stopping by to say Hi!

Congratulations, Glamazon!! You are heading for a new exciting journey! :) Glad to see you here on OH!

allbygrace
on 1/18/19 10:45 am
Topic: RE: WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers?

Sunshine but cold here in the mts of NC! Going to visit my daughter's family tomorrow. It's my grandson's 3rd birthday! Exciting day tomorrow! He has a 1 1/2 year old sister who does everything her brother does. LOL

QOTD: If you could go back ten years, what would you change? I would of had my surgery then. Glad I did it 4 years ago, only regret... wished I had done it sooner.

B: protein drink, hot mixed with powdered milk

S: chobani greek yogurt, small apple

L: 1 cup roasted veggies, 3 oz. shrimp

S: greek yogurt, blueberries

D: black bean, turkey chili

E: elliptical 30 min.

Water, Vits: in tack

allbygrace
on 1/17/19 6:07 pm
Topic: RE: Just got my surgery date and wigging out

I "do" remember wondering if I had made the right decision and knowing this is it! What helped me was..... I had to think about all the yo-yo diets I had tried, all the weight loss programs I had tried and the many years of being obese. I had to think about what the obesity was doing to my body and health. I had to think of all fun I was missing in life by being obese. I had to say,,, this is it!! I am changing my life! I am doing this for ME! (always put my family's needs first) I am so glad I had my surgery! It was the best gift for myself! Yes, it is normal to get the jitters before surgery but think of yourself and what you have been through. Come back to OH..... there is a lot of support here!

allbygrace
on 1/15/19 2:11 pm
Topic: RE: WACHA EATING TODAY, VSGrs? Tue 15 Jan 2019

I eat quite a bit of yogurt. I noticed you had "crumbles" with yours. What is "crumbles"? Sounds good. :)

allbygrace
on 1/15/19 10:45 am
Topic: RE: Shrimp Ideas???

I have a large bag of frozen shrimp from Sams.... I know they are good with salads (not in salad mood). Just wondering if any of you have any good tips on what I can do with all this shrimp? Thought about dipping them in salsa. ?? Appreciate any ideas or recipes to go with all this shrimp. Thank you in advance!!

allbygrace
on 1/7/19 11:15 am
Topic: RE: What Is Your Favorite Seasoning?

I eat steamed vegetables and currently I am using salt to season them. I hate adding salt but I don't know what is good to season those steamed veggies. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

allbygrace
on 1/7/19 6:10 am
Topic: RE: Veteran VSG'rs: What's your post surgery life like?

Heather, I agree with Gwen! When I was trying to decide the type of surgery to have, I went for the VSG because I did not want nothing touched down there except my stomach. VSG was the "best" tool I ever bought for my body! Yes, the surgery is only a "tool" and it keeps working even if you happen to regain some weight. The reason I regained some weight was not due to the surgery, .... I stopped tracking my food and stopped making good choices and stopped exercising.(due to life challenges) I am in the process of getting the weight back off and my "tool" still works!! The surgery is not a fix all! You will need to stay focused and do exactly what your dietitians and doctors tell you. Bottom line you will need to let this new tool work for you but you are in control of the tool. If I had to go back before surgery, I would "still" go for having the surgery! Best tool ever! I have had no acid issues. The only downsize and I'm dealing with it .... I can no longer have insaid (spelling?) medications. Good luck on your journey! You deserve this!!! :)

allbygrace
on 1/6/19 4:48 am
Topic: RE: How do ya'll lose a pound a week?

WOW!When you look at it that way, 48 lbs in one year looks better than 4 lbs a month.... same but looks better! LOL.... Looking at 1.5 lb. per week loss, I see 72 lbs in a year! In the last 5 weeks, I have been averaging 2 lbs. a week but I am SURE this rate will not last and that is OK. In my previous post, I got so discouraged when my dietician said without exercise in order for me to lose, I would have to subtract 1000 calories per day..... that's only leaving me 50 calories! She said with 200min. exercise, expect 1 lb. a week loss. That's where I saw a lot of work for one lb. loss. I am not discouraged anymore. I am in the "tortoise and the hare" race! I will get there. :) Thanks for the mental picture! :) We are all in this together! I love this OH site!

allbygrace
on 1/5/19 7:01 am
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, 1/5/2019

Enjoying my Saturday! I tend to live in the present, plan for the future. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not here... live this day to the fullest. Doing some housework, hanging pictures , well watch my husband hang pictures... lol, do some baking. I weighed this morning and lost 2 lbs. this week!! YAY! That is 10 lbs in last 5 weeks! Feeling better about my journey. :)

B: hot protein drink

S: yogurt, blueberries

L: turkey bean chili

S: yogurt, small apple

D: crab meat, 1/2 cup green beans

Calories : Around 1050

E: elliptical 30 min. Water: 64 oz. Vit.+

allbygrace
on 1/4/19 6:50 am

Yea, on my previous post I did ask for some recipes for oatmeal ideas but I have never tried them yet, thinking of the carbs. :) As for the apples, yes, I have been eating the small gala apples. I just got some blueberries to switch up my fruit intake and thinking blueberries were good for arthritis pain as well. Thank you so much for responding! I am learning so much from you and others here on OH! :)

allbygrace
on 1/3/19 9:21 am

Thank you!!! This makes more sense to me now! The desire for 2 lbs a week was to get the weight off quickly to get the stress off my joints. But, I'm realizing now that is not a reasonable goal. I'm happy if I can just get one pound off a week. I am upping my exercise. Hard work ahead!! Thank you again!!

allbygrace
on 1/3/19 9:13 am

Thank you for responding! :) LOL.... no, I wasn't meaning 4 lbs a week. I meant all the work for 4 pounds a month. I'm happy losing 1 lb. a week but was hoping to lose 2 but I am wondering if that is unreasonable. BTW.... I love your exercise routine.... sounds like fun!!

Most Active