3yearsandworkinghard’s Posts

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/30/20 6:16 am
Topic: RE: diet Rx to boost weight loss/metabolism?

Phendimetrazine. I'm down 5 pounds. Returned for 1 month follow up. Been hesitant about this process but blood pressure has remained steady, and I have felt good.

I realize portions had increased and frequency of "small snacks" had been adding calories. Lab results were very good but did show post menopausal - and there are hormonal issues that begin to affect the weight process. Especially inches gather in the abdomen area - which I had noticed but attributed to diet.

Overall - it is going well. He repeated meds for 1 more month, and I return 9/3.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/30/20 6:15 am

Thank you Linda...yes! Congratulations to you for doing well, and thank you so much for sharing. I will look into it.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/30/20 6:14 am

That's what I've realized I did. Portions increased in meals and snacks. I don't snack to snack - but truly feel like I need it for fuel a couple of times a day. I am much more aware now and will stay focused about it.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/30/20 6:12 am

Phendimetrazine. I'm down 5 pounds. Returned for 1 month follow up. Been hesitant about this process but blood pressure has remained steady, and I have felt good.

I realize portions had increased and frequency of "small snacks" had been adding calories. Lab results were very good but did show post menopausal - and there are hormonal issues that begin to affect the weight process. Especially inches gather in the abdomen area - which I had noticed but attributed to diet.

Overall - it is going well. He repeated meds for 1 more month, and I return 9/3.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/30/20 6:12 am

3yearsandworkinghard
on 7/10/20 11:16 am

Appreciate everyone's input and information. Down 8 pounds - and yes - aware now that portions both at meals and light snacks had become bigger. Also - had not practiced the 30 minutes before/after liquid intake at meals. Also - lab tests results show a difference in hormone level associated with weight gain, lethargy and irritability. Feeling more focused and and trying to be consciously present when eating meals.

Thank you to everyone. Just wanted to share in case anyone else has struggled with these setbacks.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/26/20 5:05 am

I appreciate the information and feedback from all. I realize portions had increased at meals/snacks. I am down 5 pounds since starting the Rx - and I had the lab work done. I look look forward to seeing what lab work will reveal. This has been very helpful to re-focus. Appreciate all the help.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/24/20 5:03 am

I use the bottled premier protein shakes. 160 calories, 20 g protein, 1 sugar. I have used the newer equate brand from Walmart - and I am wondering if they are impacting in spite of the same claim on nutrition label. I will try the advice above and see how I do. Thank you again.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/23/20 5:05 am

I use my net diary faithfully and I measure the 15th of every month. Inches gained have been in the abdomen and hip section in spite of walking 2-3 times/week, and doing a cardio/strength/ab workout at least 3 times per week. Play golf on the weekends. My daily calorie goal is set at 750. Calories in/calories out usually average between 700-900. For 3 weeks, I tried exercising 2x/day in an effort to burn more calories - but saw zero weight change. Weigh first thing every morning. Really appreciate your time and information.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/22/20 5:29 am
Topic: RE: I've had 2 breakdowns already...

It is tough...and I didn't do it as well as I should have (Christmas vacation before surgery... So - the saying that helps me - "don't let this be a road block when it is a speed bump." Just keep your eye on July 9th. It will all be worth it. And, the journey after will not be perfect either. For me, after so many failures, I had so much doubt. The end result is worth it. And - everyday give you a chance to get up and try again.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/21/20 5:43 pm

At least 2 protein shakes; 2 times a day - I eat chicken or beef. Eat veggies 3-4 times per week. Typically, spaghetti squash, squash, some sweet potato. Snacks include almonds/pecans; strawberries and blueberries with lite and fit vanilla yogurt or sometimes sugar free whippping cream. Thinking it the number of meals and portion size. Don't eat sugar (except a bite or two at parties/month), flour or fried. Don't eat out much at all - mainly cook at home.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/21/20 5:36 pm

Thanky you for sharing and encouraging.

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/20/20 6:56 pm

Sorry - not clearly stated. I am 14 pounds over. I had slowly added some over the last year. My best weight was 145. I it fluctuates - but did not want to get over 150. I had 3-4 pounds of winter weight" that I was working on when March/April hit. That is when 5 pounds were added very quickly. I know that was due portion size...but that is when the difficulty began - only 3 pounds down since end of April....

3yearsandworkinghard
on 6/20/20 11:30 am

3.5 years out and faithful to eat the right foods and consistent exercise. Began eating bigger portions early during COVID and gained 5 pounds. Quickly began correcting that. Been eating smaller amounts and exercising (sometimes 2x/day) and have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Returned to my Doc yesterday and was prescribed Rx diet pill. I read that it is used to boost weight loss and/or boost metabolism as this sometimes happen with calorie restriction over time. Has anyone had any experience with this? Today is day one of the meds - so very interested to hear feedback. So afraid of falling into the yo-yo pattern that lead to surgery in the first place.

Most Active