King908’s Posts

King908
on 12/4/11 12:06 pm
Topic: RE: Sleeved Tomorrow - What am I forgetting?
Best of Luck to you, just  walk,  I spent the first day walking non-stop since i couldn't sleep.   Ohh and find someone to give you a good back rub while your sitting up, helped me to get rid of some of the gas inside.

King908
on 10/5/11 1:33 pm, edited 11/9/21 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: Head Hunger

I don't know what in the world is going on with me, but for the past 2 weeks my head hunger has been out of control. I bought some pistachio nuts to snack on at work, and now within 2 weeks the bag is gone, went way over on this. Trying to figure out how to address it, before it gets out of control.

How are some ways you have all dealt with head hunger?

King908
on 9/14/11 5:33 am
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Question... Am I on track?
Thank you all for the comments, it is appreciated. I am always worried that I am not doing well enough, I want this to work and want to be rid of the excess weight.  I don't want to fail after going through this journey.  

King908
on 9/13/11 1:03 pm, edited 9/13/11 1:05 pm
Topic: RE: Weight Loss Question... Am I on track?
Hello all,
I am constantly worried that I am not losing enough weight since my surgery on June 20th. I am coming up on 4 months out, and I have lost close to 60 pounds since my surgery. 
Should I be further along by now?  I have a lot more to lose, as I was very heavy before the journey started.  I lost about 53 pounds before surgery in the 3 months leading up to it.  

I am just worried I am falling behind, and need to tighten up on my liquids, protein counts, and possibly get in more shakes instead of meals. I think I need to exercise way more than I do. I know I have been slacking on it.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

King908
on 6/23/11 12:35 am
Topic: RE: Got my sleeve on Monday, Bit Long...
Ms. Pammy thank you for the reply, I really liked the Isopure Chocolate Powder, and my favorite was the muscle milk light RTD. I hope I will still like them when its time to go to full liquids. I am sure I will, I have always loved chocolate flavor.  Best of luck to you with your VSG later in the year.
King908
on 6/23/11 12:32 am
Funny that you say that about Day 2.  I was saying that for Day 1 and Day 2.  I got my drain out before I left the hospital. Thank God.    Best of luck to you, hope that you recover well.

As far as the protein drink, I am drinking the Isopure Ready to Drink 20oz bottles that have 40g of protein,  The taste isn't to bad but I am used to diet drinks.  The aftertaste is kinda chalky but tolerable for getting fluids and protein in at the same time.
For lunch though I do chicken broth, and 1 scoop of Isopure Natural Unflavored.  Takes me a hour to eat it, but nice to have broth flavor instead of the drink all the time.
King908
on 6/22/11 11:38 pm
Hello all,
Well I got Sleeved on Monday, and I have to say what a journey it's been. The first day was not my finest hour, I had horrible pain and the pain medicine made me dry heave. But the staff at the hospital was wonderful and took great care of me, and my wonderful wife rubbed my back to help me and this was great as it got rid of the gas quicker. It was a long night but made it through.
Day 2 - Still felt pretty terrible, and I did the leak test, and passed YEAH!!!. Then they brought me the clear liquids and a protein jello. I was actually scared to eat. Didn't know what to expect. Doctor said eat till I feel full... Well I was nervous because I didn't know what full post surgery would mean... So I did get discharged, but the Tylenol Liquid didn't help with pain at all, and I was very nauseous still.  Got some other pain meds and naseau medicine. I was able to get a few hours sleep.
Day 3- yesterday - Woke up feeling so much better, you all were right that each day gets better and you have to keep positive, not letting the first day or two strike you down. My wife was right telling me that I would get better, she has been a tremendous motivator and supporter. I was able to get in 84 grams of protein yesterday, but fell 4 oz shy of the 40oz liquid goal. Just very full.
Now just trying to get my protein and liquids in, and looking forward to the journey ahead.  Can't wait to loose this weight.

I wanted to thank all for the great information and support that got me to this place today, and look forward to sharing more of the journey as I progress.

King908
on 6/16/11 12:23 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery on Monday the 20th
On June 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM Pacific Time, jbeauty65 wrote:
My surgery is Monday as well - Best of luck to us and our new lives!
GOOD LUCK ON MONDAY.   I hope you have a speedy recovery.

King908
on 6/16/11 11:56 am
Thank you Lisa, I am really excited to go on this journey of life now.

King908
on 6/16/11 11:54 am
King908
on 6/16/11 11:51 am
Well I am excited and yet nervous at the same time. 
I have my Surgery Scheduled for Monday the 20th. Not sure the time yet, as they will call me tomorrow.   I am sitting at work right now wrapping up all the loose ends since I will be out for 6 weeks.

I am have been preparing for this for a long time, and going to spend tomorrow getting everything I need ready for when I get home.  

Thank you all for all the great advise on the site, and I feel because of you all I am confident and prepared.  THANK YOU !!!!

King908
on 6/15/11 10:40 am
Topic: RE: How long was anyone out of work
I am taking off 6 weeks since I can get paid 100% pay for my short term disability during that period.  I wanted to be off liquids I hope by then

King908
on 6/13/11 9:34 am
Topic: RE: Surgery next monday
Best of Luck to you.. I am also getting sleeved on the 20th of June.  Just got my insurance call today that its was all pre-certified and ready to go.   Good Luck again.....

King908
on 6/13/11 9:33 am
Topic: RE: The Anesthesiologist doesn't approve.
Sorry to hear about that, I would have been totally bummed out.  Stay Strong remember the reason and press on.  I think that you can loose the extra pre-op weight to make them happy. Then you will be happy after that with your sleeve. I thought about just doing it on my own after loosing as much pre-op weight that I have, but I know I need to restriction of the sleeve for the future.   Good Luck... Stay Stong, you can do it.

King908
on 6/11/11 8:05 am
Topic: RE: Isopure Zero Carb Protein Drink (160 calories)
What Flavor did you get ? or did you get the assorted ?

King908
on 6/11/11 6:39 am
Topic: RE: Super easy clear liquid creation - homemade lemon chill!
Sounds good to me, going to have to try it tomorrow.  I am so tired of just the liquid protein drinks.  Just wish I could have a Salad with Tuna or Chicken on it :)

King908
on 6/9/11 4:15 am
Topic: RE: How much protein on pre-op diet?
I am on Day 3 of my Pre-Op and was told Liquid Diet until Surgery.  I am a bit confused, and I am doing my 2-3 Muscle Milk Lights between Breakfast and Lunch, and then for dinner I do the Isopure Chocolate with Skim Milk.  This brings me at approx 95 grams of protein for the day.  I wasn't told for a calorie count. Wish I knew.  

Muscle Milks are 300 calories
Isopure - approx 220 calories
Skim Milk 100 calories ? approx
Thats only 620 calories, should I be doing more ? 

King908
on 6/7/11 9:19 am, edited 6/7/11 9:47 am
Topic: RE: Frustrating Day but excited for Surgery Soon.
Well today I start my Pre-Op Diet. I am scheduled for June 20th.  
I was to have my office appointment with the Surgeon today and got a call this morning stating that my insurance no longer is participating with the Surgeon, that I need to go see another surgeon.  I am so happy that they took care of it for me, and the other surgeons office was so accomodating and took me in.  Now I am just waiting on Approval from Insurance. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am doing my Muscle Milk light drinks for Breakfast and Lunch and doing the Isopure Chocolate Shake for Dinner. The Isopure sure does fill me up for quite a while, but not as flavorful as the Muscle Milk Light.

I have to say that this site has been a lifesaver on preparing for June 20th, and I would like to thank all of you for the great advise you give, and has prepared me for the future, Now all I need to do is pick up my UnJury for Post-OP and some of the Isopure Drink Bottles, going to experiment this week with those.  

I have done pretty well pre-op with the nutritionist visits, and loosing weight before the surgery, in the 3 months I have gone down about 38 pounds. Pretty stoked about that.   I had my birthday recently and did enjoy my cake as my last HOORAH ! Wow was it good, It was chocolate cake with a canoli filling. That was my final splurge before this.

Well wanted to say thanks to all of you again, and look forward to getting more involved on the site, I have been pretty passive lately. I will get stats and pics up soon.

Thanks again.
King908
on 4/26/11 4:25 am, edited 4/26/11 4:25 am
Topic: RE: 2nd Pre-Op Nutritionist Visit
Yeah. I am doing the Chocolate Muscle Milk Light meal replacements for Breakfast and Lunch, and the change is that I weigh out my good at dinner.  I do between 4-7oz of protein, and then 1 Cup of Vegetables, I do a lot of Brussel Sprouts, and then 1/2 cup of starch, or 1/2 sweet potato.
I haven't started exercising yet like they want, I am just to tired from working. I work crazy hours.

I hope things get easier for you.. Its not easy, but I am trying to change my mind about how I eat and thinking when I am hungry.  So hard not to grab cookies, or chips, or snacks that the kids eat.

King908
on 4/26/11 3:53 am
Topic: RE: 2nd Pre-Op Nutritionist Visit
First Post...
Went to the Surgeons office to meet with the Nutritionist. This was my second monthly appointments, and when I got on the scale from last month, I lost 23 pounds in a month from doing 2 meal replacement drinks. I was shocked didn't think it would have been that much in a month.

My tentative date is June 20th if all insurance paper work goes well.

Great Forum site here, I have been reading for about a month, and a wealth of knowledge, and very supportive and good people here.

Thanks....
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views