Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Carrie Stockwell
on 4/24/06 3:18 am - Dublin, CA
115 lbs ago... I walked 60 miles in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in So Cal in 2002. That was quite an challenge at weighing over 300 lbs! My motivations were two of my mom's best friends; Diane and Pam. Diane had recently died of Breast Cancer and Pam was new victim. Training for the walk was not easy. But, when I found myself complaining I would think of Pam and Diane and all the pain they went through with drugs and treatment. All I had to do was get through was the next mile and maybe some blisters...big deal. Their pain was much more. Today, I celebrate Pam for she has been CANCER FREE for FIVE years! This summer, on July 8-9, I'll spend the weekend walking 39 miles. Now I plea for your support in another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in San Francisco. This will be my third year participating in this event (walking twice, crewing once). To all of you who have supported me in past walks, you have my deepest thanks. As strange as it may sound, when you've been walking for a full day and your feet are on fire and you wonder how you can walk one more step, much less several more miles it really does keep you going when you think about all the people who believe in you and support you... Right now I need your help. All you have to do is write a *check. I'm not asking for much...$5 or $10. Don't think you can afford that? Bring you lunch to work for one day and donate that money you would spend for lunch or that latte on your way to work. Ask your friends or co-workers for $1 and see how much you can collect. Empty the change from your pockets for a week, you'd be surprised to see how it adds up! Every dollar counts. If you can afford more...Great! I'm not asking you to break the bank. I'm asking you to help me save a life. That life could be yours or of a loved one. You can also donate online directly through my Walk Page by clicking on the link below. http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR?px=1037821&pg=personal&fr_id=1190&s_taf Id=55226 All donations are tax deductible. I truly appreciate your support. Sincerely, Carrie Stockwell To donate by *Mail: Please be sure to write my name and PARTICIPANT number on your check- **Carrie Stockwell #652591** Payable to : Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Address: Avon Foundation PO Box 742509 Cincinnati, OH 45724-2509
Most Active