One week post op

nancy7254
on 4/24/11 7:36 am - OK
 I am one week post op. I can start eating soft foods. I have lost 12 pounds my first week. I hope that's not too much. The lap band surgery wasn't as bad as I thought. I had a good doctor and nurses to help me.
I am going back to work tomorrow. I have been reflecting on my bad eating habits and have came to the conclusion that my job puts me under a lot of stress. It's hard to gripe about your job when so many people would love to have my job. I watch different self help shows on TV (ex. Oprah) and they tell you to work at a job that you love but, I don't know how you can afford to make a huge change. I think I have sold my soul for money. 
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/24/11 12:59 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Nancy,
  Glad your surgery went so well. wow 12 pounds gone forever. That's wonderful. Talk soon   Mag  

Kim S.
on 4/24/11 11:27 pm - Helena, AL
I had the job of my dreams and then my employer was closed.  After 13 years, I had to find a new dream.  I am now in another position with a great company and I truly love it.  Not the same money, but I have a place where I feel needed and I enjoy what I do and the people I do it with.

Trust, me, money isn't everything--work towards changing your life so you can afford to live on less money with more peace and happiness.  Find something you love to do--it is worth the effort since you spend so much of your day doing it!!

I wish you the best and congratulations on the weight loss!!

Kim

nancy7254
on 4/25/11 8:34 am - OK
 Thanks for the advise. My first day wasn't bad. I do like what I do. I am the on of the only women that is in my department and it's very competitive.  I've worked in engineering for 25 years and saving for retirement. It's really not that bad. My job enables me and my husband to travel and have a lot of fun.  I don't think life can be perfect. I was just griping.
Kim S.
on 4/26/11 1:58 am - Helena, AL
Any time you just need to gripe, you can do it here!  Have a great day.

Most Active
Recent Topics