My Update

Dot T.
on 8/9/11 11:46 am - Bartlesville, OK
After 2 1/2 years of not seeing my surgeon or EVER getting my bloodwork done since surgery, I finally saw my surgeon on Thursday. 

A little background first:  I have reverted back to old habits and have been eating potato chips, pasta, sweets, and other things I shouldn't have been eating...  and because of that, not only did I never reach my goal, but I have actually gained back 20 lbs.

On Thursday, Dr. B wasn't too harsh on me...  I spilled everything and he told me that I have a choice.  I can either continue on the way I'm going and watch the scale continue to creep up or I can follow the rules I was given 3 years ago and turn this thing around...  I'm GOING TO turn this around!! 

I visited with the dietician and started the "reboot" diet.  It is 3 shakes a day and two bars.  They sell a quite large selection of these products right there in the clinic.  She color coded the price list of what I shakes I could buy and what bars were OK to buy.  I bought 2+ weeks of food even though this diet is only 2 weeks long.  Today is day 4 of this shake / bar diet and today has been the hardest, but I have NOT cheated!!  

I had 7 vials of blood drawn to have all my vitamin levels checked.  They say it will be a week before I get those results.

I also saw the exercise guru...  I'm not going to lie...  I don't like exercise, and so far, I haven't done any.  It is just too hot...  (yeah, I'll have another excuse when that one no longer works)  I really do want to exercise though and I hope I'm able to make myself do it!  SOON!!

I'm not on OH much anymore, but have been coming back over the past couple weeks periodically...  But, that's my update.  I see the dietician again on Aug 16 and will be going to LIFEWISE Support Group that night and I see Dr. B again in 6 weeks.

TTFN
Dot*
Kim S.
on 8/9/11 11:36 pm - Helena, AL
Sounds like you are doing all the right things.  Remember, we are obese for life--WLS just puts us in remission!!

You MUST get that hiney moving and make exercise a part of your life to greatly assist in long term weight maintenance.  The key is to be consistent and to find exercise you really enjoy.  I would not do it if I didn't like what I do.

Wishing you much success!!

Kim

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 1:32 am
You sure won't get any bad judgments from me. You sound like a very wise and dedicated person. I wish you could put that in a bottle and send me some. :)
Dot T.
on 8/10/11 12:14 pm - Bartlesville, OK
Thanks, ladies.  I appreciate your support.  I'm still chugging along on my diet :-)
Debra Welker
on 8/13/11 10:16 pm - Kaukauna, WI
If you saw my post I to have gained and have joined weigh****chers. I tried doing the 5 day pouch test and even doing just shakes like your doing but couldnt make it last. After eating for the last 5-4 years thats really hard to do. I think getting yourself on a practical plan that includes the foods were suppose to eat is a better lasting choice. I give you credit for getting it back under control no matter what works, its a daily struggle for all of us. Deb
Dot T.
on 8/15/11 11:12 am - Bartlesville, OK
I'm still chugging along...  I went off the shakes/bars diet over the weekend though.  I just couldn't do another weekend of that.  I just ate as if I were on the Atkins diet and watched my portions.  My husband eats low carb all the time, so it wasn't too hard to just follow his lead and do the right thing over the weekend.

I see my dietician tomorrow and get my lab results.  My advocate already told me that I'm very low on Vit D but didn't give me specifics.  I guess I will face the music tomorrow.....

As for today, I went back to my shakes and bars, and will continue on shakes/bars tomorrow and likely the rest of the week depending on what the nut says tomorrow.
Debra Welker
on 8/15/11 11:21 am - Kaukauna, WI
Have you lost any weight?
Dot T.
on 8/15/11 12:36 pm - Bartlesville, OK
I've lost about 5 lbs in 11 days, I think.  I have my official weigh-in tomorrow when I go to see the dietician.  I can tell a difference in the way my clothes are fitting though. 

Low Carb forces you to burn fat instead of carbs and fat cells are larger, so you lose inches faster.

I bought my supplements at my surgeon's office, but the same brands are sold at www.nashuanutrition.com if you want to check it out.

Most Active
Recent Topics