Meal Replacement (not protein) shakes

Curious G.
on 9/11/11 10:30 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm 7 years post-op and below goal at 104.  I'm trying to put on a few pounds and am not getting it from food.  I thought maybe ensure or something like that once or twice a day might help.  Has anybody tried this approach and if so, which drinks were tolerable and which were not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 7:41 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Are you looking for something in a certain calorie range?  I was using these, until I realized I was not absorbing the combination of proteins as well as I do with the other shake I use.

What I really liked was 2 scoops (their serving) mixed with a cup of almond milk (or whatever you might use) makes it thick and puddingy!  Hooray!  Pudding!

http://www6.netrition.com/complete_protein_diet_page.html

Complete Protein Diet Optimum Nutrition
Complete Protein Diet

• 200 Filling Calories per Serving
• Suitable for Virtually Any Weight-Loss Program
• 35 g of Blended Protein from 6 Unique Sources
• Only 3 g of Carbohydrates and 1 g of Sugar
• Blend of Healthful Oils Including Safflower, Olive, Borage, and Evening Primrose
• 26 Vitamins and Essential Minerals

Recent research supports what competitive bodybuilders have instinctively known for decades: higher-protein, lower-carbohydrate dieting results in faster weight-loss with less hunger and greater overall satisfaction – especially when combined with exercise. Because proteins appear to aid weight control by both suppressing your appetite and boosting your metabolism, they are the foundation of Optimum Nutrition's Complete Protein Diet. That's why each serving supplies 35 grams of protein from 6 premium protein sources. Complete Protein Diet also contains 26 different vitamins and minerals plus essential fats, so it’s much more than just another protein powder; it’s a complete high-protein meal. Sweetened with Splenda.

84-0549
Optimum Nutrition
Complete Protein Diet Drink Mix, Double Rich Chocolate
4.3 lb.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (49g)
Servings Per Container: 40

Amount
Per Serving
% Daily
Value*
  Total Calories 200     
     Calories From Fat 45     
  Total Fat g 8%   
     Saturated Fat g 5%   
  Cholesterol 40  mg 13%   
  Sodium 120  mg 5%   
  Potassium 540  mg 15%   
  Total Carbohydrates g 1%   
     Dietary Fiber g 4%   
     Sugars g  
  Show Net Carbs Net Carbs
Minus Fiber
g  
  Protein 35  g 70%   
  Vitamin A     40%   
  Vitamin C     100%   
  Calcium     40%   
  Iron     4%   
  Vitamin E     60%   
  Vitamin K     50%   
  Thiamin (B1)     60%   
  Riboflavin (B2)     50%   
  Niacin (B3)     100%   
  Pyridoxine (B6)     60%   
  Folic Acid     50%   
  Cyanocobalamin (B12)     50%   
  Biotin     40%   
  Pantothenic Acid     40%   
  Phosphorus     30%   
  Iodine     35%   
  Magnesium     35%   
  Zinc     45%   
  Selenium     45%   
  Copper     40%   
  Manganese     40%   
  Chromium     45%   
  Molybdenum     40%   
  Chloride     4%   
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumen, Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides, Whey Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine), Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Lipid Blend (safflower oil, olive oil, borage oil, evening primrose oil), Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Potassium Chloride, Potassium Posphate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Molybdenum Glycinate, Dl-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate, Maltodextrin, Zinc Oxide, Selenomethione, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Chromium Polynicotinate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione, Cyanocobalamin), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose (Splenda brand).

Recommended Use: Consume one serving of Complete Protein Diet� in place of one of your daily high-protein, whole foods meals. Repeat up to three times daily. Complete Protein Diet� is not intended as a sole source of nutrition. For best results, comsume your daily calorie and nutrient allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day. For a creamy, delicious shake, add 2 scoops to 12-14 oz. of cold water or milk and 3-5 ice cubes. Thoroughly mix in blender on highest speed for 45 seconds. Let stand for 20 seconds to thicken, then enjoy. Use 2-3 servings daily.

Warning: Allergen Information- Contains soy, egg, corn, and dairy ingredients. Manufactured in a facility where various wheat, seed, and nut ingredients are used. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Contents sold by weight, not volume.

Before beginning any program of weight loss, consult your health care practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

If you notice any errors in the information above, please let us know. If you have further questions about this product, please contact Optimum Nutrition at 1-800-705-5226

The nutrition facts listed above are supplied as a courtesy to our customers. The nutrition facts were current and accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time they were entered. Manufacturers often change formulas or ingredients without notifying us. We do our best to keep them as up to date as possible, however Netrition.com will not be held responsible for any differences between what is listed on our web site and what is listed on the product that you receive. If you need to be 100% certain of the ingredients currently being shipped, we recommend that you call or email our customer service department to check the shelf of current stock.

cajungirl
on 9/16/11 6:34 am
I know ensure has a lower sugar version now but I haven't tried it.  I recommend the Optimum Nutrition (my favorite) that was previously mentioned.  You can up the calorie intake by adding 2 scoops instead of one.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics