Happy Surgiversary to me

alphabetsali
on 11/9/11 9:52 am
Today is my 4 year surgiversary. Yay me!

It doesn't seem like 4 years has gone by. I still am not at my "goal weight" although that number has changed in the last 4 years as well. I had my check up with my surgeon and they were happy with my current weight. i've lost 76% of my excess weight, but i know i can do better. And i've re-drawn the line in the sand and given myself my own goals to meet. They are somewhat arbitrary as unlike many obesityhelp members, i never had a "thin" moment to go back to. I never was small, i always was heavy, and my current weight and size is lower than anything i can recall even back to being a 14 year old. And i only have vague recollections of the women's size clothing i was wearing at that point, but i'm pretty sure i was already shopping in plus size departments..

I still have trouble not thinking of myself as "the fat one" in a group and i can't grasp the concept of being physcially attractive to men. well i can and i can't. I mean in general i assume i'm a nondescript entity, even when my good friends insist i'm a hottie. I can't really accept that, but it makes me smile to hear it.

I hope this time next year i'll be able to post another positive update. And maybe even claim to be a hottie!
omma24
on 11/10/11 8:56 am
Keep working at it.  Never give up!!  You can and will get to your goal.  Really, does it matter how long it takes?  You are much healthier minus 76% of your excess weight!  That's definitely a great accomplishment~  =)
Most Active
Recent Topics