hello, new here!

Schloe78
on 12/25/11 2:59 am
Well, I am new to this forum, but not new to OH. I am 2 1/2 years post op today. I am 1 pound from onederand. I have been slowly losing weight over the last year.  Year 1 post op RNY I lost 127 Lbs,  Year 2 i lost 23 Lbs, and then i struggled with 10 lbs for a 1/2 a year. I went to the docor on 12/23 and was 201 lbs.  I have never stopped losing weight, Its just been wicked slow. My BMI is 25 and my primary care provider want's it at 18. So I should be there in another 2 years at my current rate.  Any one else out there slow but steady losers??
Kim S.
on 12/28/11 3:53 am - Helena, AL
BMI of 18?  That is underweight.  You are right now at BMI of 25 knocking on the door of "normal". 

I'd be suspicious of any doctor that told me my BMI needed to be 18!  You may very well be at goal.  Your body, not your brain or some doctor will decide when you are at goal. 

Sounds to me like you are very successful!

Kim

Sandy H.
on 1/2/12 2:20 am - Mineral Point, MO
My surgeon said he wants my goal to be the ideal weight of 145 which is the high end of a BMI of 25. Gave me a chart and said stay in that BMI of 25 and you will be at a healthy weight for me. And according to the chart for my height of 5'4" is at 123-145. So he wants me at goal of 145, MY goal is 123 (high school weight) and he said just dont go no lower, but mark 145 as first goal. I would be happy with that.

Sandy in Missouri

Most Active
Recent Topics