Almost 2 years out and feel like a failure sometimes.

Angie H.
on 5/14/12 12:45 am, edited 6/12/12 4:11 am - Brooklet, GA
I am almost 2 years out from RNY. I originally lost about 65 lbs.. (yes, that is all) I was happy with the weight loss and felt 10X better than I had in a very long time.

The problem, I am almost 2 years out now and really don't eat badly but have gained about 20 lbs back. I can see myself going right back where I started from and it makes me very sad. I still don't eat much, I just find myself eating the "easy" things. Those "easy" things are not always the best choices.

I need advice. I felt like to begin with I didn't lose enough weight and now gaining back is even more depressing.

I started at 240 and lost down to 175, my goal was always 150 so I would still like to make it there. Please give me some advice. I have even wondered if the surgery was done the same on me because I have never had any problems too much eating afterwards. I almost wished I had.
jlmartin
on 5/14/12 1:49 am - Random Lake, WI
Did you ever notice people talk about what they eat almost immediately but fail to dicuss their excercise regimen?

Right now, start a food journal so you know what you are eating and can analyse the information for places to make adjustments.  Also start doing 30mins of cardio 5 times a week.

Betsy C.
on 5/14/12 4:03 am - Efland, NC
I sent you a private message about how I lost 60 lbs of regain.

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

Gail M.
on 5/14/12 12:30 pm - Scranton, PA
Would you mind PM me the info.  I am 3 yrs and have gained 40 lbs back.  I seem to be able to eat and drink anything.  I went from 310 down to 155 and now I'm pushing 200.  Tried the protein again but it's not having the same effect.
Gail

Betsy C.
on 5/14/12 8:00 pm - Efland, NC
Email me at betsy at crittendens dot com and I'll send you the particulars.

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Susan M.
on 10/5/12 4:07 am - San Diego, CA
Hello Betsy, I did the HCG shots 25 years ago and lost 30 pounds ,  back then, thats all I needed to lose.  What i do remember about this was the very strict and bland 500 calorie diet. What did you eat with this to ensure the weight lose without fallin out.  I was a big fan of this back then and kept the weight off until a got pregnant four years later.  I have gained about 30 pounds back from my wls back in 2006. I never thought about this. Can you fill me in with which brand, is it the syntheic one and most importantly what did you eat?

Thanks
Susan
Susan Martinez
Nothing tastes better than THIN feels!!!
highest/pre-op/current/goal
274         247     152      145
Lori F.
on 9/14/12 7:27 pm

Could you send me the information as well?

Betsy C.
on 9/17/12 6:57 am - Efland, NC
Email me at betsy at crittendens dot com and I'll forward you the information.

Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Not the Same Dawn
on 5/14/12 11:44 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Easy choices are easy, quick, non-thought..Planning ahead is a great thing to do..I do several things to be ready for those times when I wake up late, I'm in a rush..don't have the brain power to think much:

I make ahead protein waffles that I keep in the refrigerator and 1/4 of one fits in the toaster perfectly..a half an apple or some strawberries and sf pancake syrup..that's my breakfast of choice but I can  do quicker too.

hard boiled eggs..they're handy, they're quick and I make 5 of them on Sundays and keep them handy

1 oz chunks of cheese either from those 1 oz individual sticks or I cut up my own. 1 lb in half is 8 oz, 8 oz in half is 4 oz..in half in half..and then I keep slices of turkey breast deli meat and wrap those around the cheese (in a snack size zip lock bag)..

For lunches, I bake up chicken breasts, cool it and strip off the meat, packed in snack size ziplock bags measured to 4 ounces each and freeze 'em..I also cook up cabbage  or keep salad greens and such..I have also used the same technic with tilapia, roast beef, canned tuna, ham leftovers..

If I wake up late, I can grab a cup of salad greens, a 1 oz container of salad dressing, a frozen package of meat or can of tuna, a hard boiled egg and a cheese stick too. that's lunch and a snack..For breakfast I can grab a home made protein bar that is also frozen in a snack bag..I can be out the door and on my way in 15 minutes..no thought and EASY..
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Gail M.
on 5/14/12 12:34 pm - Scranton, PA
They are great make ahead ideas.  It just doesn't seem like enough food but I'm going to try your ideas.  Thank you.

Most Active
Recent Topics