Had my surgery 2008, gaining weight

Acadia_
on 8/10/12 6:49 am
 Hi!

Well, I had surgery in January 2008, and have gained about 30 lbs since then.  MOST of that gain was over the past two years.  I eat pretty well whatever I want (so bad), and graze throughout the day.  Sometimes food gets stuck and I have to induce vomiting.

I got on the scale this morning to see (OMG) 192.4, my lowest weight was 150.  

I don't have any friends who have had surgery, barely anyone even KNOWS that I had surgery, so I'm going to park myself for accountability, ideas, and support.  I don't want to be the fat girl again.  

I have a HARD time not snacking at night, even though I know it's just head hunger.

Here's a little info about me:
I have two daughters from my first marriage.
Met and married my new husband two years ago
Have two step-daughters from HIS first marriage.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Shannon
140forlife
on 8/10/12 8:23 pm
Shannon - don't waste another minute!!!  Commit to getting on the board everyday to track your food.  Start back with the basics principles and you can do this!!

I had my surgery 3 years ago.  I haven't gained any weight but I am commiting myself to accountability and really working on some of the old practices b/c I could see bad habits creeping in.  I didn't want them to get the best of me.

You can do this!!  There are lots of nice people here to help!!!
lv2beasahm
on 8/11/12 4:44 pm - Pennsville, NJ
I'm there with you Shannon.  I started to gain after my evil now-ex-husband left.  I've gained about 30 lbs as well.  Before Satan left he took it upon himself to shred my WLS notebook and leave it on the basement floor.  I honestly don't even remember what vitamins I'm supposed to take.  I have multi-vitamins (I used Flintstones forever) and calcium, iron and B12.  I just don't know how many to take.  The smallest I got was 124.7 (size 2....too small!) and I just bought size 12 shorts!  Oh no no no!  I want back in my 6s!

I'd appreciate any help or encouragement you all can give.  How do you restart when you're clueless?  That notebook was my Bible!
* Cyndi *

140forlife
on 8/11/12 7:22 pm
I am really finding to helpful to be committed to accountability every day and to see other people going through what I am doing.

Spend an hour reading the boards and look at the successful people and what they eat/when.  Don't drink the water before and after you eat - 30 minutes to 45 minutes each way.  Cut back on the carbs and eat the protein.

Also - I believe in weighing everyday.  Some people do not but its my internal check.  If I waited a week, then I would have lost track.  That has been a huge help for me. 

You can do this!  I believe that I will live in fear for the rest of my life of gaining it back but that fear should be our motivator.  It is what keeps me in control.

Zee Starrlite
on 8/16/12 9:48 am
Hmmm, you didn't retain your routine?  It is essential to take your vitamins.  Flinstones are for kids!  Please go ask on the main forum or RNY forum or something.  It sounds like you need to begin again and retain the information in your head - it is vital!

All the best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

veranda
on 8/13/12 5:42 am
Can you get back to the basics? Write down what you are eating, make sure you are getting enough protein and exercise? You can get back on track. You have to make yourself a priority! Good Luck!

Acadia_
on 8/13/12 3:08 pm
Thank you, everyone!  I appreciate all the encouragement!  I am back on OH, and I'm going to take back control of my life!

Shannon
thetaphiskuttle
on 8/15/12 4:48 pm - NJ
I feel your pain!  I had my surgery back in Jan of 2008 as well and I have put on about 10-15lbs since my lowest weight.  I am catching it now and getting back on track NOW.  I've been going to the gym about 5xs a week burning about 300-500 cals a session and trying to stay within 1200-1500 cals daily.  I've stayed about the same clothing size, noticed things a little tighter and with my wedding a year and a half away I want to continue to prove to myself I can be a WLS success!!

Thanks for posting this, I was starting to feel like I was alone!!  We can do this!!

--Laur

VioletKidd
on 8/17/12 7:01 am - Huntsville, AL
 I'm with you.  I gained 8 lbs (The OLD me does not think that 8 pounds sound like very much, but the NEW me knows that it's just the beginning of a slippery slope) and know that I have to get it under control now.  I've been on my original diet (shakes 2X a day and one meal of meat and veges) for a week now, but surprisingly the scale has not moved.  (Not entirely true, it went UP 2 lbs, but this AM it was back down to where I started.)  It's frustrating, but I can't give up.  I know that it WILL work and that this is just a test of my resolve.
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/12 3:42 am
Hello. Friend's
thanks for share this information.
i fully agree with you.
Most Active
Recent Topics