Sunday Accountability

Leslie P.
on 9/3/12 6:19 am - Yucca Valley, CA
 Sorry for the lack of accountability this weekend.  Was out running around like a mad woman which paid off because I didn't have the difficulties I had the last couple of weekends.

Yesterday I cooked up a bunch of stuff for freezer grab and go's.  Two batches of split pea and ham coup which my husband (*****ally doesn't do "healthy food" loved), a batch of my white chicken chili and a batch of my sugar free greek yogurt cupcakes.  Everything is packed away in the freezer so I can grab it and take to work for lunch!

Here is the food for Sunday:

Latte
B: 1 egg, 1 slice bacon, 1in x 1in jalapeno cornbread, 1/2 tbsp butter
Iced venti sugar free vanilla 2% latte
32oz diet peach snapple with am vitamins
L: 1/2 whole wheat steak quesadilla 
32 oz diet peach snapple sprea out over the rest of the day
D: 6oz roast lamb, 1 tbsp butter, suateed onions/mushrooms
S: 7oz greek yogurt w/cocoa powder, stevia, sugar free slated carmel syrup, sugar free greek yogurt cupcake

cals: 1581.5, fat: 79.5, carbs: 94, protein: 109.5

Off to work, type at you later!
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
140forlife
on 9/3/12 5:04 pm
I haven't fully calculated my intake today but have kept track.  One child is screaming and another is talking non stop!  Is it bedtime yet!!??!!

coffee
bagel, thin with salmon
boxed lunch - chile releno
bites of mac and cheese
baked chicken
zuchinni/squash baked

my dinner tonight was terrible!  ha!  ever have those nights!  i made up my lunch salads for 2 days.  On Thursday morning, I am beach bound with 5 other girl friends!!!   
Leslie P.
on 9/3/12 8:38 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 Glad to see you!  And yes I have had those nights...good for you feor making the lunch salads ien advance.  That will definately make life easier!

Leslie P.
on 9/3/12 8:41 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
Iteach-preK
on 9/3/12 6:17 pm - KY
hello
I am new to this accountability thread, but want to do something to help myself before I get out of control.
I am up about 10 pounds from my comfort zone. I allow myself a 5 pound window and I am out of that window by about 6-8 pounds. I know to many that may not be a great deal, but I do not want to go up more before I get a hold of it. I work in a bakery (not good in many ways, but I love the people and the job) and lost weight in the beginning from all the moving and lifting, but then got relaxed, went up and  now I need to change. Thus I am here!
  I am trying to do better. I need to make plans for my food and journal.
I have put out my magic bullet and protein powder for my breakfast. It is just really hard to make myself eat at 445 am. I will have salad for lunch (which is for me either 9-930) for the next week or so and if I need to I will have a shake again in the afternoon. I will continue my light suppers.
  I fixed my treadmill and now I can exercise again. My schedule is a bit kooky. I think that the best time to do so is between when I get off at 1-130 and before 3 pm when I have to be at the school to pick up my child. I am going to assume that some exercise is better than none and start there.
   Does anyone have another ideas that might help me get back on track?
thanks...teach

Leslie P.
on 9/3/12 8:36 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 Hi there!  I know for me it has helped to have a very specific plan for myself.  I know pretty much exactly a day in advance (at the very least) what I am going to be eating and what my counts are going to be.  If something happens, husband wants to go to dinner, whatever, I can usually make the change knowing what has happened and what I have to work with to stay in my range.  

I try to do batch cooking on the weekends.  I cook up things that are protein forward.  Things that are good to freeze and microwave heat up so I can grab and go.  I am not good with preparing things, cutting, packing etc, the night before.  I am tired and don't want to be messing around with that.  So I try to have a variety of things I have cooked up to pull from the freezer.  Right now I have White Chicken Chili, Southwestern Quinoa Chicken Casserole and Split Pea and Ham Soup.  each one of these has at least 20 grams of protein per serving (1 cup each).  I also have frozen shrimp which I make shrimp salad and eat with soy crisps for lunches and this thing I call burritto stuff (taco seasoned ground turkey cooked with a can of fat free re-fried beans and sauteed onions) that I put on Flatout Flatbread (1/2 cup of it) with 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese.

All of this is easily prepared but pretty nutrtious and totally satisfying.  Eating this way has taken me from a regain of 208 back down to 184.  

Most Active
Recent Topics