Accountability - Tuesday

Not the Same Dawn
on 10/2/12 11:40 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
I'm trying not to get too moody this week. I need to stay positive..but I've started counting down till I can retire and look for alternative employment. My 55th birthday will be a year from this Thursday and that's when I can retire! I wanted to wait till I was 58 because then I'll be there for 20 years but if push gets to shove, it will be next year!

My eats today:

12 oz coffee with NSA Swiss Miss

breakfast: waffle, 1/2 pear, 1/2 serving sf pancake syrup

no double espresso today..i got up late..stayed up too late last night..there was no sleeping with all the thoughts going through my head and the dogs littlest movements woke me up..I even took Valerian Root to help me sleep..nothing.

24 oz herb tea for the drive to work. I didn't have any energy to go shopping at lunch..that's getting to be a trend!

1 oz mozzarella cheese wrapped in turkey breast deli meat

24 oz drink mix with ice, non-caffeinated
24 oz drink mix with ice, caffeinated (during a training session. I love doing training. I wish I could do more in that direction..maybe I need to go back to school and teach or something).

lunch: 1/2 egg burrito

24 oz drink mix with ice, non-caffeinated
24 oz drink mix with ice, caffeinated (another walk to go offer instruction..I did get quite a bit of walking in today even without going shopping during my lunch).

1 oz mozzarella cheese wrapped in turkey breast deli meat . I didn't have one yesterday so I made up for it today..I actually brought a salad today but never got to it.

24 oz drink mix with ice, non-caffeinated for the drive home.

dinner: 4 oz pork chop, sauteed with a bit of bbq sauce, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup green beans and butter buds..I like those even better than real margarine or butter.

Also, I had some sugar fee wafer cookies while waiting for dinner..I don't usually have to wait long because hubster spoils me to death by having dinner just about ready when I get home. I don't have to do anything but take a shower, read the mail or watch some television while loving on my fur babies..

Totals for the day:
Calories: 1426
Fat: 78.1
Carbs: 96.7
Protein: 93.9

Okay, those sugar free wafer cookies pushed my carbs too high. That 20 grams of carbs and 140 calories were no bueno. Meh! they were still worth it..I justified them by my stress level and the walking I did..I did okay!

How did you do? 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Leslie P.
on 10/2/12 11:28 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 I did good.  Work has been so stress feel lately (I better knock on wood).  There has been a lot of sugar and treats laying about and yesterday all that stuff whispered to me for about a second.  I said a little prayer and got back to work.  It's funny but now that I know I have lost one of the thoughts I had was "Oh I can eat a little more."  Luckily my OA sponsor was right behind that warning me that was going to happen and advising me to stay on top of that kind of thinking.

Here is my food for yesterday:

32oa water and am vitamins
B: 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese, approx. 14 almonds, 5 prunes, 2 tbsp golden ground flaxseed
coffee with non-dairy creamer
L: 1 cup southwestern quinoa/chicken/cheese/blackbean/corn casserole
32oz water and pm vitamins
S: Atkins protein bar
D: 2 slices protein bread, 3 thin slices ham, 1 slice meunster, 2 tbsp garlic paste
S: 2.25oz pumpkin seeds

cals: 1659, fat: 82.5, carbs: 91.5, protein: 110

Can I say that I'm envious that your planning to retire in a year?  I'll be working for another 20...but it's all good I really love this job.  It's the hubby that I worry about.  He has calmed down measurably however and I am so grateful for that.  Well, have a good one :)
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
kaybusk
on 10/3/12 8:57 am - Waycross, GA
Thank you yes I know how you feel like an ability is a big thing for me right now. My thing is trying to get the food in if I don't know what to eat, I just don't eat so I'm looking at what your eating I'm going to try the same thing thank you! And I'll be keeping you in prayer for your job.

Lajauna Buskey

kaybusk
on 10/3/12 9:12 am - Waycross, GA
Wow it really seems you guys have really got your stuff together. I'm having a hurt time on want to eating. I get up don't know what to eat so I don't eat I have to lose 25u pounds I gained back. Thank you!

Lajauna Buskey

Not the Same Dawn
on 10/3/12 11:49 am - BEE EFF EEE, CA
It's harder than it looks, actually. I actually have to plan what I eat far ahead of time. I reviewed my grocery bill for September and I spent about 220 for the month..That's buying stuff that is on sale and in season but that's beside the point..

I cook up chicken breasts and weigh out 4 oz of meat into snack bags and freeze it..If I have left over veggies that were good, I toss that container and a bag of chicken breast into my lunch bag. I can do the same for a can of tuna for my lunches. I love cooked cabbage or even cole slaw for that too..but cabbage is really cheap when it's in season..now it's starting to get to be lettuce season.

For snacks I have mozzarella cheese sticks, I cut them into 1 oz sticks my self and wrap them with turkey breast deli meat. I buy that in larger containers and re-pack it into 5 single slices in a sandwich bag and freeze those so that on Sunday night I pull one out and it lasts me all week..I also boil up 6 hard boiled eggs also for my snacks at work (or a late night snack when i've eaten early and stay up late).

You can't go without eating. it's not good for you! I eat small amounts through out the day..and it keeps your metabolism up and your blood sugar up and steady.

This isn't rocket science..you can do this..it's alittle work but YOU'RE worth it! 
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
Leslie P.
on 10/3/12 10:58 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 I plan ahead too.  What I have started doing is A day of cooking once or twice a month, usually on Sunday, where I cook up several dishes that I portion off into individual servings and then freeze for grab and go lunches that I can take to work.  I also usually have four to five things I eat on a regular basis.  I am not bored with what I eat I like thses things a lot, do not feel deprived and they work for me.  I write down everything I eat and track my calories, fats, carbs and proteins.  I have done this andnot done this.  Doing it works best for me.  I also post here usually daily and this also works for me.  When I was posting, planning and writing I was eating stuff that I didn't need, didn't work and I gained.

Feel free to join us...
   High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Most Active
Recent Topics