Accountability Friday - 3 Year Anniversary

Leslie P.
on 10/18/12 10:35 pm - Yucca Valley, CA
 Wow.  3 years out.  Back from vacation and some milestones.  Now in a size 14 jean.  I am the smallest I have been since 7th grade.  Drove up and back from Northern California without bingeing.  Had the first visit with my mom without bingeing.  Went to an OA meeting (2 actually) for the first time in 24 years of visiting mom/family since moving away.

In the three years since having this surgery I have learned the meaning of taking care of myself.  As I type these words out I am cautious.  Do I think I have arrived?  NO.  Things change, life happens.  I have seen and experienced myself get ****y, self righteous, arrogant and stop doing things that work.  Especially when I have been in long streaks of being in good places.

That being said I am in a good place and am really grateful.  One of the things that I have done (not perfectly at all) has been coming to this board and posting what I eat.  I try to plan it in advance, stick to what I plan, write it down, track it and account for it.  I spent a really long time eating into oblivion and it is one of the things that contributed to weighing at my heaviest 395 pounds.

So there you have it.  Today I am off to Disneyland.  I won't be posting my food for today tonight or tomorrow since I will be out of town, but will be back either Sunday night or Monday.  

Here is my food for Thursday:

32oz water and am vitamins
Coffee and non-dairy/sugar free creamer
B:  Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe Protein Bar
L:  Steak Quesadilla on a Whole Wheat Tortilla
32oz diet peach snapple and pm vitamins
D:  2 slices protein bread, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp cream cheese
16 oz diet peach snapple
S: 2.25oz pumpkin seeds

cals: 1648, fat: 86.5, fat: 69, protein: 100

Have a great day!

High Weight:  394                     Surgery Weight:  345

Here's to never forgetting where I came from so I never have to return...
Most Active
Recent Topics