Anybody want to buddy up for the 5 Day Pouch Test?

DCGirl26
on 2/17/13 7:44 pm - London, UK

Hi all,

I am 5 years out of RNY and have, over the last year, had 30 pounds of regain from my lowest weight due to me just letting my compliance slip and snacking way too much. I've done the 5DPT before and it really did help snap me out of my carb craze and get back on track.  I'm looking to start again this week and was hoping someone would want to buddy up and provide daily menu plans, check ins, and encouragement to go the five days and get things back on track! Let me know if you're interested! :)

Steph

Back on track as of 11/1/2014

341/183/263/150
HW/LW/CW/GW

Weight loss goal:
Back to Onederland by 3/26/2015

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/18/13 12:26 am

I did 5DPT a couple of times... but last few times I could not pass the day 2.  So now - when I want to decarb - and get s back to my level of restriction - I try to do very low carb - protein shakes all day and lost of liquids - followed by a one small meal : proteins and veggies (measured - no more than 1 cup of food) once a day - typically at evening... I do that for 5 days - then low carb on weekends - and may go back to protein shakes and one meal the next week..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Chris9672
on 2/19/13 1:15 am - Verona, PA

I am 10 years out and in need of this however being absent from this site for so long I completely forgot how to do this...can you post the 5dpt and I would love to start it with you...

tina01
on 2/19/13 2:45 am - Wilmington, DE

5DPT?

Wow, I have been away a long time (9 yrs out) and I would like to learn about getting back on track as well.  If you can share this plan, I'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks,
Tina

DCGirl26
on 2/19/13 4:24 pm - London, UK

Hi Chris and Tina,

More info about it can be found here: http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html but basically, it's two days of liquids (shakes, soup, and gelatin), then a day of soft proteins (tuna, eggs) and two more days of more solid proteins (chicken, fish, and beef). It's low carb and high protein. Last time I did it I found it really helped to refocus my attention on the basics and jump start a 20 pound total loss that I had gained, so I want to do the same thing again as I've let the weight creep back over the last year. I didn't buy the book or anything, I just winged it based on the guidelines and it worked for me. I hope to start tomorrow (Thursday). Let me know if you want to private message for support to make it through! :)

Back on track as of 11/1/2014

341/183/263/150
HW/LW/CW/GW

Weight loss goal:
Back to Onederland by 3/26/2015

Zee Starrlite
on 2/21/13 1:13 am

Hey Steph!

Did you start this today? 

I want to start on Sunday or Monday.  I would have loved to do this with you.  I was looking for someone to partner up with before.  I have all the books.  You really have to be ready to do this.  I have the Turkey Sausage soup in my freezer - tons! 

If you want to do this together, let me know.  We should exchange #'s.  Texting is preferable to me to do check-ins and such.

All best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

chellemcc
on 4/25/13 3:59 am

I started today. so far so good, lots of broth.

Most Active
Recent Topics