Asking for help and support

Helen B.
on 2/28/13 11:02 pm - Lake Placid, FL

Hi My OH family,

I haven't been here in a while and I realized I need to make an effort to visit daily!

I was three years out from my RNY in December 2012.My starting weight was 297.I got down to my lowest was 168.Then people started telling me I was too thin, that I should eat.. So I started to eat “normally”.

The carbs snuck back in and so did sugar in small amounts.I wasn’t exercising and finally in October 2012 I decided to start getting back on track as my scale was getting close to the 200 mark (196).

I started running (couch to 5 k program), and I started weigh****chers at work with my co-worker (she has not had gastric bypass).I followed the WW plan to a T, and was running 3 times per week for at least a mile.My co-worker enjoyed the fruits of losing weight, and my scale wasn’t budging.We did a 16 week program and I religiously ran, and my scale would go down and up, but not wanting to go below the 190’s.I managed to lose 10 pounds while my co-worker lost 30!

I decided to add to my running program, biking and this week I added kick-boxing.I called my surgeon’s office and they advised me to do the following instead of WW.

Calories 1500

Protein 60-70

Carbs 150 – 200

I have been religiously above 70 g of protein and near the 1500 calories and carbs are way below 150 and the scale is still barely moving.My exercise is at 5 days per week 45-60 minutes per time, and I have even been walking 20 minutes at work on lunch.

So what am I doing wrong??

Please help!

Helen

jlmartin
on 3/1/13 2:44 am - Random Lake, WI

Try and get 50% of your calories from protein.  For that, you'd be looking at about 180 grams.

Give it a month, and if THAT doesn't help then I would suggest lowering calories overall.

Helen B.
on 3/1/13 2:49 am - Lake Placid, FL

Thanks!!

jugilber
on 3/16/13 6:41 am - MA

I feel your pain sista!!!  I can not seem to lose the 10-15lbs I gained back.  My eating is back to "normal" eating sugar, carbs...although no where near the amount i used to eat...but way more than the few i ate immediately postop.  

I know this is mostly emotional...I find for some reason food doesnt taste good to me...and I got a fair amount of my pleasure in life from food.  so I find myself eating to find that pleasure...ad eating things for no reason.  This frustrates me so much...anyhow I am digressing.  I guess I want you to know you are not alone.  I do exercise quite a bit running and spin with a weight training day thrown in.  But the weight doesnt budge.

Hang in there...and try different things.  My wife who also had RNY has adopted a vegan clean eating lifestyle...eating no processed food and has lost quite a bit of weight in the process...after being unable to get below 155...so thats an option.

Anyhow good luck...and hang in there.

Julie

Helen B.
on 3/16/13 6:53 am - Lake Placid, FL

Thanks Julie!

Most Active
Recent Topics