5 Day Pouch Test - anyone else starting it today?

shutterbugjunkie
on 3/24/13 9:51 pm
RNY on 02/04/11 with

Hi, all! I'm just over 2 years out and I've been very successful with my weight loss. However, my exercising has slacked off and I've been overloading on crackers the past 2 months. I've gained 11 pounds back just since January. It's time for me to take back control over my mind and body. I'm beginning the 5 day pouch test today and am looking for some support. I am committing to get back on track and lose this weight I've regained. Is anyone else starting the 5 DPT today or this week? If so, let's encourage one another!!

Happy Monday!

SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

clfelish
on 3/25/13 8:03 am - IL

Hi there! Great to see you're starting the 5 day today. I did also. Did real good so far! The hardest part is in the evening watching tv! I have gained about 6 lbs. only but I'm eating way to much and the wrong things...Need to get back on track.

Let's stay in touch!! Good luck to you!

Cindy

Zee Starrlite
on 3/28/13 1:33 am

Hope you are doing well with your 5DPT!  I tried to get a little group going here but everyone who said they would do it disappeared.  For me, it only proved to feel very discouraging posting each day with no one in the game.  Next time around - and I will do again because it does work to shake off the carbs.   I will do alone or enlist 1 other person to text and or phone with.

All best.  It really is worth doing.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

shutterbugjunkie
on 3/28/13 1:42 am
RNY on 02/04/11 with
I'm doing very well! I'm on day 4 today. I only slipped up once, but I got right back at it. I'm already down 5 lbs!! For me, that's absolutely motivation enough to keep going and follow this through to the end. I've never regained my sense of hunger or fullness since having my surgery so I'm not doing the 5DPT to help with those issues (since I don't have them.) I'm doing it to rid myself of the carb cravings--crackers are my weakness! Lol. This plan is AWESOME, it's actually a lot easier to stick to it than what I thought it would be, and IT WORKS!

I'd be happy to buddy up with you the next time you're ready to do it. It's always easier to do something when you have someone to do it with
  SW/258.5 Surgery Weight/249 CW/149.5 GW/140

clfelish
on 3/29/13 12:07 am - IL

Hi! Great results for you! I've also done very well, lost 3 lbs.   So motivated again. My stomach is back to little again! I hadnt gain a lot of weight back but also had the carb cravings bad!! Now, day 5 and determined to stay on track. Thanks for the reply's . Maybe we could be friends on FB if you would like. Let me know

Cindy

Most Active
Recent Topics