4y Post GBP- Weight Gain Shaaammmmmeeeee

fernfrog
on 5/23/13 12:26 pm - CA

I'm so ashamed of myself. I was so proud of myself for 3 years. I felt like a poster child for WLS. This past year I've lost my mojo. I've slipped into some bad habits of less exercise, slider foods, drinking liquid so I can eat more, no protein, iron deficiency, crazy ice chomping habit, breaking teeth, went from a size 0/2 all the way to a 6/8. I'm pissed at myself. I'm embarrassed to leave the house or get dressed. I've had plastics and I feel like I've ruined them! I'm 5'6" my lowest was 124lbs. Everyone said I was too thin, Even the doc said gain ten pounds. Well I did...I gained 40!

I think I need to go back to the basics....protein first, then veggies,   good carbs in moderation.  I'm just so mad at myself. Thats all. This is really just a rant and a shame session. I need to get off the pitty pot and take action with my rage rather than eat it like I know how to do so well.

I was a member on this site from 2007 under a different name. I quit weighing regularly or reading posts....I just let it go. Its a reminder that I need to keep these things at top of mind. Just because I don't shop at Lane Bryant right now doesn't mean I will again.

Anyway, thanks for listening or lending support, encouragement, experience.

jewelcrown
on 5/23/13 10:53 pm

You can't unscramble that egg.  Enough of beating yourself up.  Now's the time to work the plan.

Use the Health Tracker on the blue bar above on this site. 

Track your food. (protein first, veges next..)

Track your exercise.

Track your water.

Track your progress.

Check in on the board for support.

Get it done.

I'm doing the same, so let's encourage each other.

WE CAN DO IT!

Jewel

fernfrog
on 5/29/13 1:56 pm - CA

Thank you, thank you thank you! You are right, back to the basics. I'm using My fit pal to log food now. I also joined the back on track together group here on OH....It will always be a struggle!

Hvfaith
on 5/25/13 11:33 am - St Albert, Canada

Hugs to you!  I too gained and other than work, I hid in my home. Even at work I would walk around as little as possible as everyone could see I gained, even if they didn't know I had surgery.  I am creeping back to being on track, tackling one bad habit at a time.  I had quit journaling, I now do that again, I was snacking like mad, I have significantly reduced that, next is to remove the white carbs and junk.  That's my plan,  seems like your challenge is just getting on the horse and doing it, you have listed what you have done that didn't work, and you do know what you need to do to get on track.  I was never a drinker, but I think of it in terms of being an alcoholic, only I can make the choice not to go off my program, I can get support, and I can have a plan, but every moment I want to eat is a moment I have to stop and make a choice.  You can make a good choice, I am cheering for you!!!  And I am looking forward to your first victory post!

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

fernfrog
on 5/29/13 1:55 pm - CA

Thank you! Hugs to you too and yes, lets share those victory posts! I just joined the back on track together group. Need the support!

smoothecreole
on 5/27/13 4:15 am
RNY on 01/23/09 with

Its too been 4 years since my surgery. I have slipped into the same habits gaining 30 lbs....well I woke up and realized that this is not what I worked hard for so I am going back to basics .

alcohol too has been a issue for me. I get drunk so fast. I am working on that as well...I am rooting for you.....root for me.. and lets get this done

Ms Cat  

I  often wondered  where the real me has been?  I then decided  where the real me is going!!!

fernfrog
on 5/29/13 1:54 pm - CA

Going back to basics is exactly what we need. I just joined the getting back on track together group on here.

Oh and with the alcohol-- I can relate.  Its quick to effect me and then quickly I lose any effect (sober quick) so its pretty much a waste of my calories if I consume alcohol. I've found when those times happen that I drink too much its because I have a sip, sober up, take a sip, sober up quick, then WHAMMO....I've drank too much. It's a trip. It's also a calorie waste! :) Hang in there!

tamper65
on 6/4/13 4:52 am - Tempe, AZ

I am 8+ year post. Alcohol has been an ongoing problem for me. I am struggling to right this ship and head it back in the right direction. I am glad I found you all.

DMS1964
on 5/28/13 12:56 am

Hi,  I wanted to let you know that I "feel your pain".  I am 6 1/2 years out and I've too gained considerable weight....25 pounds to be exact.  I've gone from a size 2/4 to an 8 and I am absolutely sick about it.  I know it's because of the comfort eating that I do but I can't seem to stop myself.  I want to get back on track and get this weight back off but I don't know where to even start.  I had someone tell me, before I had surgery, that I would gain it all back....she said, "they always do".....and I certainly don't want her to be right.  Let's do this together and get this ugly mess back off! 

Good luck!!

Donna

fernfrog
on 5/29/13 1:51 pm - CA

Thanks Donna, I agree, I don't want those naysayers to be right either! I heard the same negative comments. Back on Track Together Group.... I just joined.

Most Active
Recent Topics