Vsg 7 years out

Jessie-F
on 1/2/14 11:47 am

Hi, I haven't posted on OH for a veryyyyyy long time! 

I had my vsg back in august 2007. Lost 85 lbs, but unfortunately have gained 40 back :(

I fell into old habits, lots of depression, had a child, and gave up all together.

I miss how devoted and motivated I was in the beginning, wish I felt that way again. Once again I hate taking pictures, and have become so self conscious. I'm trying to start over. Any words of advise?? Thx

Laura in Texas
on 1/2/14 12:06 pm

First of all, forgive yourself!! You have kept off 45 pounds. You can get the rest off again.

How many calories are you averaging a day? Track what you eat now and subtract 500 a day. Or do the usual VSG 800 calories/40 grams of carb rule you guys seem to like to follow.

I am 5.25 years out. Losing weight and keeping it off is definitely hard work. The mental part is the hardest. You have to believe you are worth the effort. And you are!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

tanieanie
on 1/3/14 4:51 am - WI

For me what worked to get back on track after a regain was all mental.   I pretended I was fresh out of the hospital with my VSG and started over.   You still have your sleeve and you can still make it work for you.  Have you tried the 5 day pouch test?   Im here for you if you need ideas or motivation!   Its not easy but what worth it ever is?

Tanya

Jessie-F
on 1/3/14 6:17 am

Thank you ladies. Good advice. I am starting little steps at a time, trying not to do yet another diet. This week I'm introducing water into my day, and also cut out simple carbs. I have done the 5 day pouch test, and starve all day which leads to a 5 lb loss and 10 lb gain! I was wondering if starting the original pre op/post op meal plan would kind of reset things. Thx again 

VeraG
on 1/6/14 8:14 am - Bonner Springs, KS

My suggestion is to start tracking your food again.  On here or anywhere to see what your intake is.  Stick to protein, water, and the rules you followed in the beginning.  Give yourself a break and take it one day at a time.

Living until I die!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/9/14 8:08 am - Laurel, MD
HI Jessie,
I am in the same boat as you! March will be 7 yrs. post.op for me, and I am up 30 lbs. from an original wt.loss of 130lbs.

I am motivated yet again, due to wt. gain & my graduation with my BS-degree!

My downfall was ****tails, that I refused to give up last yr. but this time, I have no choice but to give it up, I don't know what's worse trying to loose wt. or drinking. We can sure help continue to motivate each other. I had a baby shorty after surgery too! My love child. I also have a friend that just recently had her surgery last yr. and I have seen her recently and she looks great! She has been at the honeymoon faze! the lbs. just melting away. I am so envious of her, but that could be me again too! if I make a serious effort. I stepped on the scale this morning and have been in shock ever since! I want this real bad.
Ask your self how bad do you want it? we can support each other for sure! I am here. I've taken breaks too, but I always come home for support! OH-Rocks!! Keep me posted- jbug

"jbug"

Most Active
Recent Topics