5 Day Pouch Test

MsAReed86
on 1/13/14 11:47 am - IL

Hey everyone,

I am currently 2 years out from RNY. I started at 312lbs and got all the way down to 164lbs even with having a baby within my first year of surgery. After having my son in September my weight remained constant and I never met my goal of 150lbs. Within the last few months I have noticed that my body feels like it is filling out and I've gain a total of 8lbs putting me at 172lbs. My question is this; is there anyone out here who has made it this far and gained weight but went back to the basics and couldn't lose the weight plus some? What did you do to get back on track? I need help and am open to all suggestions!

Thank you

LT1414
on 1/14/14 6:38 am

Wow!  I feel like we are in the same boat. My goal was 150, never got down to it.  I started at 320, lowest was 170.  I just got married and I really let myself enjoy my holidays, wedding, and honeymoon.  I would really like to hit my goal and was planning on going back to basics!  I'm six years out and have stayedwithin the same 170-180 range for the past six year.  (I had surgery 1/8/08)

We got this!!!

"LADYbug-j" L
on 1/15/14 8:10 am - Laurel, MD
Hello,

I feel your pain! I am 7yrs. post. op in March. And yes I too did not ever reach any goal, my own or docs. for that matter. And I have regained 30lbs. back!! ;-( So right now, I am striving to lose yet again, and this has been the longest week of my entire life. But I am trying my best! I even cut off, my beloved alcohol I am a huge fan of apple martinis. I was not able to cut the drinks out last yr. but it was too slow, and I gave up, but I refused to give up the ****tails, so I lost that battle. But this time around is different for ME! I cut the juice, so you know this is serious now. But in your case, you have not regained but so much, but I do understand wt. gain is that, 1lb. could be and feel like 50lbs. to some individuals. But yes! your are on the right track about going back to basis. I feel like I started over, is how I am looking at it. Of course I want results immediately, but I have to be patient with my/our selves. Your situation is not completely out of control, I mine has gotten, in which I trying to rectify it. I have set new goals. And my motivation is the unwanted regain & my Graduation. Whatever time it takes to shed the 30lbs. Plus is my goal. 50lbs. to get to 199 or less. I will gracefully take it, I just want to weigh One-something???
And also stay in touch with the scale, which was another downfall. Seeing the numbers creep on, will keep you in check. I did not do that, I avoided the scale like the plague (sp). and I truly believe that was one of my other biggest downfalls, not weighing in. So weighing routinely will help keep you on Track!
Good luck, to you! You can get it off. Best Wishes to us ALL!
I bad do you want it? Eye of the tiger!!
Peace-jbug

"jbug"

BigRed23
on 1/23/14 2:18 pm - IL

I was looking around in the same situation, I am 5 years out and have had three babies over 21 months. I went from 347 to 180 and my goal was 165 I never reached it. Now, I let the juice Dirty Martinis get in the way and now I am 211.8 working to get off 54 pounds in 16 weeks. Started protein shakes and I thnk I might stick with that for a few weeks. So, you are not alone in this battle!  We just have to go back to the basics and make it work again. 

MsAReed86
on 1/28/14 7:32 am - IL

Thanks everyone for the encouragement,

I finished my 5 day pouch test and I can truly say that going back to the basics and starting over has really opened my eyes to where I went wrong. I can actually feel my hunger now and am striving to eat healthier high protein foods when I get that hunger feeling. I think my biggest enemy in the past with having a desk job  is snacking between that hunger feeling to where I was literally eating all day hungry or not. I've worked up some alternatives to being bored and wanting to snack while at my desk and am actually working toward trying to move into a position to keep me a little busier leaving me only time to eat when i take my breaks and am actually hungry.

I wish all you the best in getting back on track with your weight loss. I'm working to get off 20lbs and meet my goal by summer time.

Stay in touch, I'd love to know how everyone is doing and what is or isn't working for you .

Thanks!

TrishSchline
on 2/3/14 5:49 am

Would you mind sharing the diet you followed for your 5 day pouch test?

Most Active
Recent Topics