Need Lunch Ideas

severman
on 5/20/14 11:56 pm - Indianapolis, IN

I am 11 years post op RNY, so I shouldn't have any problems coming up with healthy lunch ideas.  But I do!!  I am a full time nursing student.  I do not have access to a refrigerator to store fresh food in.  Last semester I took tuna salad almost every day because the kits were easy and cheap, but I am tired of them.  So I am asking for ideas that are high in protein, easy to fix, and don't need refrigeration.  I also have a commute to school, it is about 90 minutes each way.  Luckily I carpool and we don't stop at fastfood, but I also need ideas for breakfast.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Stephanie E

Tri_harder
on 5/21/14 1:19 am, edited 5/21/14 1:20 am
Candy V.
on 5/24/14 1:53 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Get a soft sided cooler.  It will make it much easier for u. 

I have a yogurt and half banana most mornings. I bring leftovers or frozen lean meals for lunch and usually a protein shake during the afternoon. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Eggface
on 5/26/14 8:31 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Bean salads are a fav of mine and are good for a few hours in one of those thermos containers. 

A few breakfast ideas: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2013/07/7-pro tein-packed-grab-and-go-breakfast.html

You are welcome to check out my blog (about 8 years of recipes and foods I've eaten) hope it gives you a few new ideas.

My sis and niece both RNYers are nurses :)

Best to you in school! We need more in the medical field that are sensitive to weight issues.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics