10 years out and gaining, back on here today for motivation!!!

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:21 am - Westbury, NY

Denise, when I get off here tonight Im going to send you a fb request. I know how you feel about nighttime, when its me and my tv and my fridge and everyone is asleep, thats when I have huge issues. I originally started on the lose it app, but I feel that myfitnesspal is much better (more user friendly). The only time i dump after 10 years is when I eat butter.. which sadly, Im not eating at all right now.... Being 50 pounds up is really taking its toll on me and its so frustrating.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/14 7:20 am - Lawrenceville, GA

This is the hardest part about surgery.  I beat myself up so bad for regaining the bit that I did.  Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.  I just refocused on getting healthy again, and I am praying this 40lbs comes off.  Doing a 24 Day Challenge right now and that is kick-starting things a bit, as I have lost 5lbs in 4 days.  Now to just keep the ball rolling!  Lets do this together, get back on track!!!

lynnc99
on 7/15/14 9:33 pm

I'm right there with ya.

My 5 year surgiversary was yesterday - I am up 30 lbs from my lowest weight, and 25 from my "best" weight of 160. On Saturday I weighed in at 185.6.

Of course I could give you a list of excuses. It could be hormones, it could be stress (my mom lived with us for the winter), could be could be could be.

But the truth is I stopped exercising, and the carbs have been back in force. Things I said I'd "never" eat again became part of every day. Every. Day. 

So here's where I've gone with it. I'm exercising, but not fanatically. I am 58 yrs old so I'm probably not going to become a kick boxer. I'm doing some water aerobics, a lot of stretching, and yoga. It feels good. 

And I'm on a pretty strict low carb diet much like our post op diet. Cut out the sugar and refined carbs. Ramp up the water intake. We all KNOW what to do. 

And the old habits are staring us right in the face. I'd love to keep this thread moving along. I have moved since my surgery and no longer attend support group meetings (another mistake!). 

Thanks for putting yourself out there!

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:29 am - Westbury, NY

Its just like you said... We all KNOW what to do.. we've all been through this... the simple fact is that I am a food addict, I always have and always will be. Its alittle crzay too these days bc I am restricting my calories so much that I am obsessing about every little small thing I am putting in my mouth. Id rather be addicted to losing than addicted to 20 twinkies a day. I have also moved since my surgery and have no support groups where I am now. Thats ok tho, bc Im sure Id be way to embarressed to even walk into one at this weight.

lacygirlcat
on 7/16/14 12:31 am - Morehead, KY

I'm almost 8 years out and am up 20 pounds from my lowest of 120.  My goal was 130 and I held there til a couple of years ago.  Can't exercise much because on knee injury.  I'm only 5'1" so I'm in the overweight category and it's killing me.  Going through menopause and taking prevara to regulate and on anxiety meds. Don't know if that's part of the problem but I do snack a lot and tend to want to eat more at night.  I'm on facebook too.  Add me if you want. Lorrie Riggsby from morehead ky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEW2DAL/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wEW2DAL/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:39 am - Westbury, NY

Going to send you a fb req when I get off here tonight. I also take some meds and I know that has been a huge problem for me. And I have the mirena now (probable too much information, sorry) and that is when the majority of this extra weight has piled back on. My hormones are out of control!!!

chusby1004
on 7/18/14 3:47 am - Eau Claire, WI

If I were you, I would make an appointment with your surgeon's office either your surgeon or a PA on staff and get advice from them.  To add to your knowledge or refresh you, and give you some cudos, I think you should add to your exercise regimen with maybe some water aerobics and walking or anything added in for interest but get it moving!  I am early in my weight loss from end of Feb. this year but I am terrified I won't keep it off either later on so am beginning exercise after many years of doing none.  You can do this!  You have good record of doing it before and you can do it again.  You also don't have to give up all of your favorite foods you know entirely.  Beef up the exercise and just eat smaller portions of those great foods you love.

monymony
on 7/18/14 4:58 am

Hi, have you had your pouch calibrated? If your pouch is to big then that would explain the weight gain. All you have to do is an upper GI. That will show how small or large your pouch is. Maybe with a little touch up surgery,you can get back on track. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:44 am - Westbury, NY

Mona, my insurance now sucks.. It is different than the kick ass insurance I had that paid for my surgery 100%. There is no way that they will pay to get my pouch calibrated. I feel funny even calling it a pouch because I know that at this point it is a full fledged football sized stomach again.

jstatum_05
on 7/20/14 5:05 am

I would love some extra support as well. I am 4.5 years out and have gained as well. I'm just really perplexed on how to correct this. I am actively trying but need some extra help from others that understand. Facebook would be a great medium. I'm under Jennifer Statum. 

**This includes 32.2 lbs. pre-surgery!**        
Most Active
Recent Topics